We are changing the way we collect EAS data. Instead of adding your claims manually through an online form, you will need to upload them as a CSV file.
We have moved to using a CSV file because:
• user research suggests this should be easier and more reliable than typing or copying the data into a web form.
• the web form had grown to be cumbersome in recent years with a large number of fields.
• it makes it compliant with accessibility standards.
We have published guidance and supporting documents, including a template CSV file and validation rules, to help you with your return.
The other changes we have made are:
• Prince’s Trust – you should no longer claim through the ‘Authorised Claims’ adjustment type. Instead, you should use the new ‘Princes Trust’ adjustment type.
• Audit adjustments – you should now claim using the ‘Authorised Claims’ adjustment type as we have merged these categories.
• Exceptional Learning Support – we no longer collect this through the EAS. You must now claim this solely through the Exceptional Learning Support – Cost Form.
• The EAS form is continuous and each month you must add rows to your last file. If you submit new data without including your previous data within the same funding year, we will assume you have removed previous records to correct errors and we will recover the funding.
If you have any feedback on the new process, please email the service desk and ask them to assign it to the “ESFA FST – Calculations” group