13/14 Data Errors

From Thursday 10 December, feconnect will be replaced by ESFA Communities.

Feconnect is being replaced by a more robust, accessible service. ESFA Communities is now live and so feconnect will be read only from Thursday 10 December 2020. From this date it will not be possible to create or reply to topics or posts. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues 13/14 Data Errors

This topic contains 33 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  trainingprovider 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
  • Caz
    Participant

Re: 13/14 Data Errors – Letter from Keith Smith

Does anybody know where on the HUB the data has been loaded for each organisation to check? I cant find it?

CharlotteCL
    Participant

I was told it was on the Contracts and Finances tab (Along the side as a download I think) but I can’t find anything on there for me.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Hello Caz and CharlotteCL

Just a quick update on the current position.

Over the course of the next few days, the Agency are uploading the files onto the Hub. This will take a few days to be completed. Once all the files are uploaded, we will write to providers to let them know that the files are available and the next steps they need to take.

Kind regards
    Selvy

Caz
    Participant

Thank You Selvy

Once uploaded please can you give a clear directive exactly where they will be, and the required actions.

The e-mail we received today implied the reports were already on the HUB so most providers will be searching for them.

Kind Regards

maria
    Participant

you should be able to find under the Contracts & Finances tab – hover over the tab & select “contracts” – a folder should appear on the right under the Contract Documents heading. Click on the folder & then find the spreadsheet you can only see 5 documents at a time so use the arrows if necessary to see the next 5.

I found if I try logging on via google chrome the spreadsheet isn’t viewable – but it perfectly fine if I log on using IE9.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi Caz

I will pass your comments to my colleagues.

Selvy

Paul Dallaway
    Participant

I found our version in Contracts & Finances with a title 2014/15 ALO-*******-Contract Document but when I hovered over the Excel icon it changed to 13-14 Data Errors.xlsx

MartinOutlaw
    Participant

Our file has been uploaded but it was not possible to open it or download it (via IE10) as it appears from the resultant error message that the filename was too long. However it does work through Firefox, so if you have problems give that a try.

Mark
    Participant

I don’t see any report, but we did get an email yesterday to say something had been updated.

As there is no report, does this mean we are okay?

Caz
    Participant

Ha, not necessarily Mark (its never that easy) – we too had an e-mail yesterday, but the comment above from Selvy implies that reports will be uploaded over the next few days, so were not out of the woods yet.
    Although judging form other users comments when the reports do show up they are labeled 14/15, and you cant open them….

Im hoping for a nice clear e-mail telling me exactly where i can locate the report, and what i need to do once it has been downloaded and opened….

Anonymous

Brace yourselves for a rant….

I’ve just downloaded it – As Paul Dallaway says above, our file was named “14/15 ALO 39365 0 contract document” (located on right hand side of screen), but when you click on the Excel icon it opens a dialogue box saying it’s the 13/14 data errors file.

When you open the file, you’ll find that they haven’t given the provider specified fields (which I’m pretty sure most of us will use as easy identifiers), they also haven’t put aim sequence number. We have learners on non-regulated aims where it’s possible that the learner has multiple instances of the same aim during an academic year. All we have to go by is the start / end dates (which are unhelpfully in American format), so quite a few unnecessary hurdles to get over before any data matching can be done.

It’s almost as if someone has thought ‘how can we make it as difficult as possible for providers’ to carry out this unnecessary exercise.

BTW – the first 20 (of 1400+) that I’ve checked are fine, no over claims – they’re all instances were we’ve claimed full funding correctly because the learner is eligible for fee remission and the ILR was coded correctly.

Should just about have finished this exercise in time for working on the R06 when the HUB goes down…..

Lisa
    Participant

Eek! I came on here looking for the usual helpful comments – I am reassured that I am not alone – however I cannot even access the contracts tab – I keep getting access denied and thrown off the site.

Anyone else having the same trouble?

So dreading it!

lapsed_user
    Participant

Further to the comments in the above thread, I hope this provides further support on how to access the relevant files on the Hub. You will find the document in the ‘Contract documents’ section of the ‘Contracts & Finances’ tab (see screen shot below). The naming convention is as follows 2014/2015 [your 2014/15 contract number, e.g. ANW-11111] [the version of your contract, e.g. 3] Contract Document. The file is an Excel spreadsheet.

Data errors png

Caspar Verney
    Participant

beevis1
    Participant

First of all – thanks everyone as I would never have found the relevant document without reading the posts in this stream!

Having managed to open it I looked, with bated breath, to see what horrendous mistakes I might have made only to find that there is one learner record in the sheet – a Classroom student belonging to one of our subcontractors with a potential reclaim value of £150!!! I have been having sleepless nights and worrying myself sick since before Christmas over, apparently, £150…..!

Apologies to those whose errors do appear to be more significant but I am honestly, once again, speechless in a way only ever caused by the SFA…I do keep checking to see if there are pages of data which I have missed but it seems not…

Caz
    Participant

Well done to you Beevis1 – your obviously very good at your data entry/cleansing! 🙂

Your sooo right tho – without this forum i would be lost – its the one place i can get clear advice and help!

That reminds me, i must chase up my Data Service Helpdesk query from 6 days ago…..

Caz
    Participant

FAO: SELVY

Hi Further to your advice on yesterday afternoon please could you confirm the following:

In your screenshot you quote the naming convention as 2014/15 ANW – is the ANW and example, or will all reports show this – as i have an Excell spreadsheet in the Contract Documents names 2014/15 ASE**** – but when i try and open it is is not in Excel format, and is written in gobledy gook!

Am i being previous in searching for this report, or will you or our Central Delivery Service Adviser be contacting providers individually to inform us when our reports are ready to download.

Thank You

Anonymous

Caz – On the file naming convention – Ours is ALO (which I presume the LO relates to London), Selvy’s example was ANW (presumably northwest). So you must be south-east?

We didn’t get any indication from Central Delivery Service Adviser that the files were ready, so I’d keep checking if I were you. It sounds as though your file is there, but there is something wrong with the format.

Mark
    Participant

The first icon looks like winzip , click on that and for us there are now a series of files. The top one is excel and once you click on that you are asked to log in again. Then the spreadsheet opens.

For us the file names had AMI in them, but none mention errors in the name until it opens up.

One error for us too, so I am happy about that…..

beevis1
    Participant

Thanks Caz – I’ll accept the compliment as I did work hard with DSATs and mini audits of subcontractors files before the October upload…but think there was a bit of luck as well as good judgement involved there 🙂
    As for the Data Service and their responses (or lack of)…don’t even get me started!

trainingprovider
    Participant

I have finally managed to get my file after a lot of faffing about. Now I have it it tells me all my Classroom Learners 24+ are ineligible for Full Funding as they are not doing a Level 3 or above! Is that right? Have I missed something? Can anyone clarify this for me?

thanks

Anonymous

Hi, what is the actual text in the possible error column?

Peter

trainingprovider
    Participant

Hi Peter it says:

’24+ full funding below level 3′

thanks

Anonymous

Hi,

It relates to learners over 24 for whom you are claiming Full Funding for on E Level, L1 or L2. You probably (like us) did not use the benefit status indicator.

Good luck.

Peter

Simon France
    Participant

There are a number of different categories that a learner could fall into. Your learners are like ours in that they are the 24+ learners studying aims below level 3.

We’re working through ours at the moment but they are, in the main, missing employment status or missing benefit status.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.