18/19 Data Collection Timetable

From Thursday 10 December, feconnect will be replaced by ESFA Communities.

Feconnect is being replaced by a more robust, accessible service. ESFA Communities is now live and so feconnect will be read only from Thursday 10 December 2020. From this date it will not be possible to create or reply to topics or posts. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues 18/19 Data Collection Timetable

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Caz
    Participant

Hi

Apologies in advance if this appears a silly question….

I have the 18/19 Data Collection Timetable, so i know when a Period/Return closes – but when does each period/return open? Is it a specific date 10th of the month, 15th of the month?

TBH i never get to submit until the last few days of each month, so I’ve never noticed when it opens.

TIA.

Pellcomp Support
    Participant

Hi, Caz.

The maintenance schedule is the best place to look for that as it brings all the various dates together:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/data-collection-maintenance-schedule-for-2014-to-2015

See “ILR guaranteed collection availability”, which my eyes always skip over as it looks like a table header!

Gav.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Strictly speaking the Hub should be open for business all of the time so that you can make a submission whenever you want, but unfortunately someone still hasn’t realised this need.

In practice if you work on it opening 10 days before the close date then that is not a bad rule of thumb.

HTH,
    Caspar

steveh
    Participant

…and, actually, they’ve been a bit sneaky this year and it’s been open *a lot* more than the freeze schedule said it would be.

Caz
    Participant

I agree with Caspar. The HUB should really re-open 3-4 days after the previous Submission has closed.
    Were supposed to have this all singing all dancing bit of kit, which spends a large amount of time out of action. And then there is BI……

steveh
    Participant

So, here’s the story as I understand it (from someone high up at the time the Hub first existed):

When it was first opened, it *was* open almost all the time but, with the exception of the last few days before a deadline, it wasn’t used at all and this was expensive and therefore stopped. It’s only since we’ve needed to match it to Apprenticeship Service and there’s a bunch of providers not using FIS (which, with the exception of Caspar (!!!), was very rare two years ago) that it’s been more usual for providers to want/need to use the Hub all month.

Even now (per inform 23% of all files are submitted on the last day…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.