19+ learner completing in under 366 days with APL

Home Forums Data issues 19+ learner completing in under 366 days with APL

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JJP1981 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • J
    Participant

Hi,

If we have a learner who is 19+ and has prior APL (exemptions in English and Maths) and they wish to complete their Apprenticeship Framework in under the 366 days – is this still possible in the 17-18 ESFA year?

The rules in the Apprenticeship funding and performance-management
    rules for training providers May 2017 to July 2018 Version 6 state:
    P45. You must ensure the apprenticeship meets the minimum apprenticeship duration
    rules. This includes where the content and/or duration of the apprenticeship has been
    adjusted to recognise prior learning.

Does this mean that it is no longer possible? ACE will accept this scenario still which seems strange if it is no longer possible?

JJP1981
    Participant

My understanding is under FM36 you cannot ever finish in less than one year.

I did wonder however where a minimum duration has been extended due to working less than 30 hours, does APL bring the minimum duration back towards the one year?

JJ

Martin West
    Participant

The short answer this is no longer possible

LC
    Participant

Hi Martin

Does this apply to just Post May 2017 starts, and their completion status?

Or does this apply to any learners that have been completed since these rules came into place (e.g. someone that started January 2017 have to follow this rule)?

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

The funding rules that apply to an individual learner are the rules that were in force at their start date unless the current rules specify otherwise.
    If they were post May 17 starts they would have met the minimum duration requirements anyway.
    HTH

JJP1981
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I’m clear on learners with APL working 30 hours cannot have a duration of below 12 months.

What is your view on reduction due to APL down to a minimum of one year?

e.g. hours lower than 30 per week, meaning the duration is extended from 12 months to 18 months, but 20% APL is used… could this bring the minimum down from 18 months proportionately provided it never drops below 12 months?

thanks,
    JJ.

Martin West
    Participant

My interpretation is that the minimum duration applies to 30 hrs and where this is extended due to part-time working then the extended duration becomes the minimum and that you cannot reduce it below this due to APL.
    HTH

JJP1981
    Participant

Thanks Martin, appreciate your view on this,

JJ.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.