1920 FIS Update

Home Forums Data issues 1920 FIS Update

This topic contains 41 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Alan Tindall 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Is there a release date yet for the 1920 FIS Update?

Kind regards

Andy Tyrer
    IT Manager

Martin West
    Participant

Not sure as I have heard a new version is being developed for 19/20.

jf
    Participant

Hi has anyone heard anything about when the 19/20 dataset will be available in the FIS please?

Hi

The Data Service have been very quite about it, with no updates on the FIS site. Does anyone know when it will be out?

regards

Andy

Richard Francis
    Participant

Just re-upping this. I can’t see anything on the ESFA’s site, has anyone heard anything about the 19/20 dataset release?

Cheers,
    Richard.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    I think the policy is not to less us know, I could do my usual rant that no FIS or ILR entry tool even though the new funding year has stared but in the past they took no notice so we can only wait and see.
    Communications is not their strong point.

steveh
    Participant

was talking to someone from ESFA yesterday and they suggested LET 18/19 wasn’t out until 12 September last year, which I’m almost certain isn’t right…

…but yes, I think they’re concentrating on a new shiny thing (a desktop FIS that doesn’t need hyper levels of admin rights) without considering that we’ve actually got to submit *something* in four weeks time…

Richard Francis
    Participant

Thanks Martin and Steve.

I’ve had a look at posts from last year and it looks like everything was released around the 23 August: http://feconnect.education.gov.uk/forums/topic/r01-opens-in-6-days/.

If this does happen my position this year is the same as in the post I made in that thread – I’ll have four days to check it all works fine due to holiday.

Probably fine.

Cheers,
    Richard.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

The R01 is due on 05/09/19. So maybe they will ‘let us off’ again like they did some years ago? 🙂

steveh
    Participant

…except, as far as I’m aware, you can’t pay on profile with the Levy, that’s the problem… It was fine in the Before Times (and happened pretty much every year to my recollection), but they basically can’t any more…

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Ok, so maybe they will have the datasets ready for the HUB and the Submit Learner Portal, but not the FIS.

The problem is that the Submit Learner Portal still creates incorrect errors compared to the HUB and FIS output. I don’t think this is ready to switch to completely from the HUB yet.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Off topic but has anyone else had errors with the EAS on the submit learner data portal? Ours works fine on the Hub but not on the portal.

steveh
    Participant

Have heard reports of this happening, but not seen it myself.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Well if Martin won’t rant, I will:

Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, rant, etc.

Gosh I feel better!

steveh
    Participant

ON the bright side Caspar, the new FIS sits on your desktop and doesn’t require a million admin rights, so maybe you’ll be able to finally use it! 😉

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Have you seen it Steve?

JackB
    Participant

Wasn’t FIS being retired in favour of the ‘Submit you data’ web portal?
    https://submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk/submission-options

But the new ‘Submit you data’ web portal is currently only accepting R13 files.

Hi

I heard back from the Data Service and have been informed that it will be released in the 3rd week of August (HOPEFULLY!!!!!!) when R01 reopens.

regards

Andy Tyrer

steveh
    Participant

Hi Richard, no, haven’t seen it directly, but it’s definitely coming.

Jack, it’s The Hub being retired, not FIS.

Martin West
    Participant

Have seen the beta version and can confirm it is none installed desktop application for validating an ILR file. This should get over the issues that many network users had with the previous version.

Graham Knight
    Participant

Hi Martin

Do you know if users can still access the database behind the new app?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Graham,
    The SQL server data looks the same apart to a few changes to funding line names.
    HTH

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Is anyone else (who has to fix the errors) getting slightly ‘twitchy’ that the ESFA are rolling out a brand new FIS program only a few weeks before the R01? If anything goes wrong (surely not!) we won’t have any time to deal with the issues before the first return unless we use the new Submit Learner Data portal, which is still not accurate compared to the HUB with the errors.

JackB
    Participant

You’re not alone. It is nerve wracking getting this close to the R01 export deadline and being blind to possible data issues.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Hi Richard,

I am. As with last year I’ll probably be on leave when the 1920 FIS dataset (or the shiny new desktop kit) is released. Still I’m sure 4 days will be plenty of time to check that the scripts that I’ve written to produce the ILR produce a valid file.

Cheers,
    Richard.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.