20% OFTJ HELP!!

Home Forums Data issues 20% OFTJ HELP!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor26 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Helen
    Participant

Hi

I’m looking for some clarity on the 20% OFTJ as its causing a great detail of confusion.
    Prior to 1st August 2018 I understand Stat entitlement was not included in the calculation for OFTJ however it seems the guidance from 1st August has now excluded stat entitlement so we are reducing the days – is this correct?

If so – does the new rule apply for ALL apprentices or does it only apply for those learners who have started from 1st August and learners prior to this require the additional hours (including holidays)

We have just signed up with Onefile and it seems the calculation for OFTJ includes 52 weeks and does not exclude holidays so we are at a lost!

I would really appreciate some guidance

Thank you
    Helen

Taylor26
    Participant

Hi Helen,

There was a lot of confusion around this.

My understanding was between May 2017 and end of March 2018 the ESFA didn’t clarify the 20% rule and providers were doing what they thought was right.

However in April 2018, the ESFA updated the rules to say it was based on 52 weeks (for learners in 17/18).

But then for 18/19 rules, it was updated that for new starts from Aug 2018, you had to reduce it for Statutory Entitlement.

A real mix bag!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.