Ability to Export from Apprenticeship Service

Home Forums Data issues Ability to Export from Apprenticeship Service

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jessicar 1 day, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Robbie@Geason
    Participant

Anyone else find the lack of export to csv or excel from the Apprenticeship Service frustrating.
    Since its introduction, I have requested on three separate occasions that we be given the ability.

jessicar
    Participant

Yes! And the fact that they ve given the ability to export agreement identifiers but not actual apprentices listed, even more so!

What response have you received after requesting this functionality?

Robbie@Geason
    Participant

Jessicar, I have been informed that my “suggestion” was added to a list of recommendations….

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Have you tried ‘Download your financial transactions’ as I have found this very useful as you can filter the spreadsheet by learner, I added the employers using a query from our MI system as they do not include this in the export?
    HTH

jessicar
    Participant

Where is this option hidden:
    Download your financial transactions

can’t see it anywhere!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Under Finance then Download transactions
    HTH

jessicar
    Participant

Are you logged in as an employer or training provider? I m logged in as a training provider and don’t have that option.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Jessicar,
    Logged in as employer, for provider I select employer and or course and copy learners on list and paste into Excel.
    HTH

ruthfox
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I find it incredibly frustrating. I asked in August and got this response:

“The Apprenticeship Service is not designed to produce exports of information, if this feature was added the ESFA would confirm this using the ESFA update newsletter, I will however pass your comments onto the team to raise this as a provider suggestion.”

Even though the service does now produce an export for the agreement identifiers…

Each record has a lot of information that isn’t available to copy and paste by employer, in the main page. It would make everything a lot easier if we could export our data, to do data quality checks, etc. without having to wait until data is submitted to the hub.

Thanks

Ruth

jessicar
    Participant

I ve tried the copy and paste option when searching on a list but the last time i did it apprentices from page 1 were being repeated on random other pages, so scrapped this.

I now just rely on the mismatch report from the Hub (but obviously can’t check this every week), and then just filter on the mismatches, stopped/paused statuses on screen.

So much time seems to be invested lately in explaining how employers can transfer funds between them or publishing guidance/webinars around this, and so seem to be forgetting about us poor providers muddling along with no official guidance…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.