Accredited Provision for Community Learning

Home Forums Data issues Accredited Provision for Community Learning

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • emma.bovill
    Participant

Good Afternoon All,

I’m hoping someone could shed some light on an issue we have at the moment. We have a number of providers who’ll be delivering some accredited provision shortly, and my questions are around eligibility.

We are quite familiar with the LARA database and that’s where the problem lies.

If the qualification being studied consists of 1 unit and that 1 unit is not eligible for ‘ASL’ funding would this pose a problem as the qualification is ‘ASL’ fundable? Sounds a little strange but I can’t find any documentation on LARA codes for Community Learning.

We’ve called the data service and didn’t get much luck unfortunately.

Kind Regards,

Emma Bovill

warrilowk
    Participant

Hi Emma

I’m not sure exactly what you mean. Does it have to be accredited?
    Most units are only available under the ASB offer for the unemployed?
    If the learning aim is fundable through ASB it cannot be claimed as Community Learning.

Could you use this instead?
    ILR Appendix H
    Non-externally certificated, non-Learner Responsive, other provision (not Skills for Life) to be used for ASL (see section 3) or ESF funded learning which does not lead to a certificated qualification
    These codes use the tier 2 Sector Subject Area categories and include provision for both internally-certificated provision and non-certificated provision. These codes can be used for ASL and ESF provision.
    Z9OAC034 Non-externally certificated, non-Learner Responsive, other provision, tier 2 Sector Subject Area 3.4
    Z9OAC indicates that the code is for non-externally certificated, non- Learner Responsive, other provision
    034 indicates that the code is in Sector Subject Area 3.4 (Environmental Conservation)

What do you think?
    Kate

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Emma,
    Providers in receipt of a Community Learning funding allocation will need to follow the guidance in the funding Rules -Page 57- Community Learning (CL), if you do not have an allocation then CL does not apply.

It should be noted that Providers should not use the Community Learning budget for courses otherwise eligible through the Adult Skills Budget.

I am surprised that this question needs to be asked as most CL providers are already experienced in this aspect of delivery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.