Achivement of GCSE Elsewhere

Home Forums Data issues Achivement of GCSE Elsewhere

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • RCartwright
    Participant

Please could anyone advise on how to code a student who was registered on GCSE English with us as she had not already achieved it when she started, but she has now achieved it at another institution. I do not want to withdraw her as she has achieved, but she has not achieved here. Any assistance gratefully received.

Thank you

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The guidance is:
    Students achieving a GCSE or equivalent outside of their study programme
    If a student achieves a GCSE grade 9 to 4, A* to C or a qualification deemed as equivalent by other means, then they will have met the condition of funding for the remainder of their programme. This also applies to students with prior attainment of GCSE grade 2 who pass functional skills level 2. Institutions must make sure that they record the achievement grade in the data return, to tell us that the student has met the condition of funding.

I would delete the ILR GCSE English record and follow the guidance above.
    HTH

RCartwright
    Participant

Thank you.

steveh
    Participant

(I was told to withdraw/fail them and leave them in the ILR last year. Needless to say, I ignored this advice and just deleted them…)

RCartwright
    Participant

Thanks both. It seems deleting is the way to go.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

What if removing the GCSE from our ILR made a material difference to the funding band? I know we report our hours per person, and we can continue to include the GCSE hours, but what would an auditor say about us claiming hours for an aim we didn’t return in the ILR?

It’s utterly unreasonable to expect us to withdraw and have that in our stats, when we were probably mostly responsible for them having passed. The school probably won’t have done any additional delivery, they will have just offered the exam opportunity.

If we remove them from our ILR, and consequently lose funding for delivery we had every intention of doing all year, that’s also really unreasonable. Often the students don’t tell us that they’re resitting the exam at school. We find out when they pitch up with a certificate and tell us they won’t be attending the GCSE lessons any more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.