ACT 'applies to' date

Home Forums Data issues ACT 'applies to' date

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sue Scott 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Sue Scott
    Participant

To say I am a little frustrated is putting it mildly!!!

FS completed but I cannot clear the error for the ACT ‘applies to’ error:

If I put in the actual completion date of the FS in the ‘applies to (ACT) field the error says this must not be after the planned end date!

If I put the planned end date as the completion date in the ‘applies to’ (ACT) field but leave the completion date field as the true date I get an error!!!

The only way I can get no error is by entering the ‘applies to’ date as the planned end date and matching the actual completion date to the planned end date.

This may be a solution for FSkills but not happy doing this for the ZPROG

Is anyone else having this problem?
    We use Maytas

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Sue,

we have functional skills ACT type 1 i.e. levy completed and achieved and the sate applies to is the FS actual end date. This is in MAYTAS. I am not sure what your problem is however just confirming for you that you did first is correct. I have not had an error as you describe.
    Best wishes,

Chris

Sue Scott
    Participant

Hi Chris
    My actual end date is after the planned end date which seems to be what is causing the problem

Are your actuals after the planned?

Ben.Feighery
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    Not sure if there is a problem with the Maytas validation rule, but you could try disabling the rule in the config options, that will let you save the learner with the correct information. If you then run it through FIS/upload to the hub and the error is gone then you know it’s an issue with the Maytas validation rules.. Tribal support should be able to talk you through that.

Ben.Feighery
    Participant

Or on second thoughts, try taking out the date applies to date, setting the actual completion date to be the accurate date, then run ILR TOOLS -> Set Apprenticeship (FM36) Contract types and select the update option. Maytas will then auto fill the end date which has not failed for anything i’ve looked at.

Ben F.

Sue Scott
    Participant

The error is FIS error. I have my validation in Maytas set to Warnings!

I have done the ILR tool update and it has entered the actual end date so I am still in the same position

Date applies to should not be after the Learning planned end date of the aim!!

chrisbradley
    Participant

Hi Sue,

our actual end dates are earlier than the planned end dates. Maybe that is the problem for you as you say. Is the thinking that the contract only covers the planned duration or earlier completion? I wonder?

Chris

Martin West
    Participant

Hi All,
    There are two rules
    Error – LearnDelFAMDateTo_03, the Date applies to must not be after the Learning actual end date of the aim
    Warning – LearnDelFAMDateTo_02, the Date applies to should not be after the Learning planned end date of the aim

ILR support guidance is the problem as the only guidance on this is:
    The Date applies to for the latest Apprenticeship contract type FAM records (on the programme aim and any English or maths aims) must be set to the Learning actual end date of the aim.

What you have to consider is that the Date applies from and Date applies to control the period over which the payments are made, so it would be inconsistent to have a Date applies to after the Learning planned end date of the aim, but this would be the case where a learner achieves after the planned end date, but this only generates the warning error.

There is no ILR guidance for this scenario but as long as you only get the warning error this will only indicate the learner has achieved after their planned end date.
    HTH

Ben.Feighery
    Participant

If Tribal Support can’t help you i’m happy to try and work through it on the phone.

Sue Scott
    Participant

All my errors are now warnings, thank you both for your help

Sue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.