Actual End Date – dismissal date vs last register/review date

From Thursday 10 December, feconnect will be replaced by ESFA Communities.

Feconnect is being replaced by a more robust, accessible service. ESFA Communities is now live and so feconnect will be read only from Thursday 10 December 2020. From this date it will not be possible to create or reply to topics or posts. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Actual End Date – dismissal date vs last register/review date

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JJP1981 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi all,

If an employer has given us details of when an apprentice was dismissed am i right i thinking this is acceptable evidence to use as an actual end date.

We have had a situation when the employer incentive payments have been made to an employer and they have told us the date they were dismissed. We have always used the last review/attendance as the actual end date. However due to the the apprentices being on block release our last review/register evidence is before the date the employer has confirmed to us

I feel in the new employer driven would we should be using the dismissal even if our records are before this. What are others thoughts on this.

Thanks

ALLYSON
    Participant

Hi Matt

I was always told from previous SFA Audits that it has to be “last dated evidence”. I have always gone with a review or even a piece of work/assignment the learner has signed and dated.

Hope this helps.

JJP1981
    Participant

Morning,

I think the evidence aspect is important and a dismissal date alone does not give confirmation that they were in learning. For example they may have been absent from work for several weeks before being dismissed.

However, if the learner was attending work and undertaking on and off the job training, and the employer can provide evidence of this, and/or the learner may have sent over some completed work to their assessor, this may be appropriate to determine the last day in learning assuming that the review previous was not an inordinate amount of time prior.

If that last date in learning is pertinent to your organisation and you have reasonable evidence as outlined above, I think you would be okay come an audit; importantly it would be clearly demonstrable to the auditor that this was an exception, dealt with in the spirit of the rules and not a methodology adopted to draw as much funding as possible.

That’s my view,
    JJ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.