Actual End Date when entering EPA

Home Forums Data issues Actual End Date when entering EPA

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • CRQA
    Participant

Hi

My understanding has always been that when a learner enters EPA you enter the AED and change the ZPROG to 1 and 8. However just reading the online version of 2020/21 PSM and it doesnt mention AED in the paragraph beginning “When the training period for the apprenticeship standard is complete, but the end point assessment period is incomplete…..”

Should we still be putting in the AED when a learner enters gateway?

TIA

steveh
    Participant

where’s that then?

https://guidance.submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk/psm/article/additional-guidance-for-apprenticeship-frameworks-and-standards-recorded-on-funding-model-36#Funding%20model36:%20recording%20learning%20outcomes

Recording apprenticeship standard completions
    For apprenticeship standards that complete their learning on or after 1 August 2019, when all of the training and end point assessment elements have been completed, the following should be recorded:
    All the component learning aims within the programme must be closed with the Learning actual end date set to the date of the last learning activity for the aim(s).
    The programme aim must be closed with the Learning actual end date recorded as the date the training period for the programme was finished, not including the end point assessment period.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  steveh.

steveh
    Participant

annoying link not working…

I see you mean the para underneath that. Whilst it’s not explicit (and it should be!), as soon as you add a completion status (ie 8) the validation rules require an ActualEndDate or it’ll error.

CRQA
    Participant

Yes the para underneath – seems to ‘forget’ the need for AED!

As always – the ESFA keeping us on our toes.

thanks for your help

steveh
    Participant

grumpy email sent to point this out 😉

CRQA
    Participant

Haha! I’ll keep finding ’em if you are happy to send all the grumpy emails! lol

Martin West
    Participant

Recording apprenticeship standard completions
    For apprenticeship standards that complete their learning on or after 1 August 2019, when all of the training and end point assessment elements have been completed, the following should be recorded:
    • All the component learning aims within the programme must be closed with the Learning actual end date set to the date of the last learning activity for the aim(s).
    • The programme aim must be closed with the Learning actual end date recorded as the date the training period for the programme was finished, not including the end point assessment period.
    • The programme aim must be updated with the Achievement date recorded as the date the end point assessment period for the programme was completed, whether the outcome was a success or a failure.
    • The Date applies to must be recorded on the latest Apprenticeship contract type FAM record as the same date as the achievement date for the programme aim.
    When the training period for the apprenticeship standard is complete, but the end point assessment period is incomplete, the Outcome must be recorded as code 8 ‘Learning activities are complete but the outcome is not yet known’. When the end point assessment period for the apprenticeship standard is complete, the Outcome field must be update accordingly. If the apprenticeship standard has resulted in a failure at the end point assessment, the Outcome on the programme aim must be recorded as code 3 ‘No achievement’. If the apprenticeship standard is successfully achieved following the end point assessment, the Outcome on the programme aim must be recorded as code 1 ‘Achieved’.
    All open and closed learning aims that are part of the apprenticeship standard programme must be returned on the ILR until the standard is completed.
    In order to be recorded as ‘Completed’ (Completion status code 2), both the training and end point assessment activities for the programme must be completed. An end point assessment that has resulted in a failed outcome can be classed as complete as long as the learner reaches the end of the end point assessment period, rather than withdrawing. If either of these have not been completed, then the programme aim cannot be recorded with Completion status code 2.

CRQA
    Participant

Thanks Martin – but I’m not sure what your reply is? You’ve just copied and pasted in the section that I was referring to in my initial query…

Steve – I also thought that just changing the ZPROG to 1 and 8 and omitting the AED would trigger an error but as I have just discovered that we have (a very large) handful of instances that are actually set just like this and have NOT triggered an error – I’m now thinking that they might have relaxed that Violation?? I hope that your “grumpy” email will cause a re-wording of the Paragraph 2 as at it stands I feel like it leaves room for very differing interpretations… grrrrrr – thanks again!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    I think the guidance is very clear and is the same as last year, the section you refer to in isolation only refers to how you record the outcome and the sections before that where I highlighted in bold indicates when you update the AED.
    HTH

jessicar
    Participant

@steveh

Who do you send your grumpy emails to – just the service desk?

Do they reply with anything positive and do amendments get made in the guidance? Just thinking anything relating to the PSM, do suggestions make their way to Mark Shield (if he still writes the PSM)?

steveh
    Participant

For PSM stuff, there’s a link at the top of each page that goes to data.queries@education.gov.uk

and, judging by this morning’s reply, yes, Mark’s still looking after it 🙂

I think it’s fair to say that they are aware that bits of the PSM need rewriting, so nice helpful “this is what isn’t clear, how about this?” emails will no doubt be appreciated.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.