Adapt and Delay Mitigation

Home Forums Data issues Adapt and Delay Mitigation

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  PaulaD 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • PaulaD
    Participant

Under the current advice around Adapt and Delay, is there any clarity around when we can use the delay mitigation?

For example, we have learners in the Construction/Electrical sector in which some qualifications have been advised to use adaption. This is fine for some, where remote assessment might be in the form of a simulation however, for some learners, observation of skills in bricklaying, joinery, electrical, mechanical would need to be carried out in a controlled environment where H&S and safeguarding can be observed.

Under these conditions, we would need to bring learners in. The assessments would therefore not be adapted, they would fall into the delay category.

My question is, how soon are we able to use the delay mitigation? Can this be in this academic year, from June 15th, providing we adhere to safe distancing etc. I know the focus is on vulnerable learners and those who are in their first year of a two year programme, but I just want to check that the delay option can be used from 15th June for the learners who are due to complete by 31st July.

Many thanks
    Paula

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.