Adult Learner Loans – R12 or R01

Home Forums Data issues Adult Learner Loans – R12 or R01

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mgt 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Mgt
    Participant

Hi

Please could someone help with below – I am fairly new to loans

if a learner starts a course on 16 July this academic year but for various reasons their attendance is not confirmed until after 1 August – does this learner still go into R12 or R01

The reasons I ask is I had some mismatches appear on the FRM reports saying a learner was in PICS but not on the portal and the only thing I could come up with was the activity as the learner was in both

The ESFA confirmed that a learner is not to go into the ILR until their attendance is confirmed

Any advice gladly accepted

Mgt

steveh
    Participant

Wait, when was their actual first day of attendance? That’s the only thing that matters, not when you confirm it. If their first class was 16 July then they need to be in the 19/20 data.

Mgt
    Participant

Hi Steve

Thank you for that – my rationale was that the attendance was confirmed after 1/8 ie new academic year but yest their class was 16 July – however last month when this happened it showed up on the FRM reports

Sorry some of the text seems to have cut off above

Technically the ESFA confirmed that a learner record is not to appear in the ILR until their attendance has been confirmed (i.e. after the liability point 14 days) – so in this case the activity i.e. the attendance confirmation did not happen till today 3/8 therefore should the learner only be added to the ILR in August

steveh
    Participant

I mean, at worst, they should be in R13 and R14, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t put it in R12 today, you know the learner has attended and you’ve confirmed it, I don’t think it matters when that confirmation takes place?

Mgt
    Participant

ok – yes will do that – agree that rightfully the learner should be in R12

Mgt
    Participant

Thank you Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.