Advice to fix PCFLDCS_01validation error

Home Forums Data issues Advice to fix PCFLDCS_01validation error

This topic contains 35 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Phipps 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
  • Jol
    Participant

Has anyone come across the validation error PCFLDCS_01 The total of the three Percentage taught in LDCS subject fields must equal 100%. How to fix the problem would be much appreciated.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Jol.

warrilowk
    Participant

Hiya

Likewise……….

I have been toggling PCF and PCS errors all day.
    I take one value out and get a different error.

Is this a known issue please?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Several people on the CMIS Jiscmail have reported the same thing. It sounds like a FIS error. I suggest see if it appears in the HUB once it’s open tomorrow.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Check the aim on the HUB and on the ‘other information’ tab at the bottom of the other Aim details you will find 3 LDC$Code fields that represent the values you require.
    These fields may show
    AF.53 Leadership
    Null
    Null
    And this would equate to
    PCFLDCS-1 100%
    PCFLDCS-2 0%
    PCFLDCS-3 0%
    If all 3 were null, then they would all be 33.33% all three must add up to 100%

If it is 100% then it may be a FIS issue
    HTH

Matt
    Participant

Hi Martin.

The PCFLDCS_01 validation rule states: “If any of the LDCS fields (LearningDeliveryHE.PCFLDCS, LearningDeliveryHE.PCSLDCS, LearningDeliveryHE.PCTLDCS) have been returned and LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate => 2009-08-01 and the sum of the returned fields <> 100″

…which to me suggests that if all 3 are null then the rule shouldn’t trigger (at the moment it is triggering when all 3 are null).

Karina
    Participant

Hi,

We are having the same issues. The three LDCS values are null on LARS. I have tried amending the fields, taking out the values in the fields entirely, putting 33.33% in the fields as suggested above but each time I am just getting different errors. Am at a loss as to how to resolve this and feel like I am going round in circles! Any advice much appreciated.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    If you have returned a Null value, then the rule will be triggered as the field has been returned but the field has to contain a value. Except where all three fields have values the entry is normally 100 in PCFLDCS only.
    What is the aim reference?

Martin West
    Participant

Now sure it is a validation issue that the ESFA need to resolve.
    Every time they do an update we get another issue.

Matt
    Participant

Hi Martin.

Sorry, by “null” I meant null in our MI system. None of the fields/tags for these 3 fields have been exported to our ILR XML file.

One aim ref that’s coming up a lot for us is Z0001942. LARS says “NUL – Null Value” for all 3.

Sounds like a bug to me. Not on the FIS known issues doc yet.

Martin West
    Participant

That aim is Not a Higher Education Qualification so does not need an HE record?

warrilowk
    Participant

Hiya

It’s a level 4 so stillrequires an HE Dataset.

I think someone has missed this bit of the guidance when programming this in FIS.

My level 4 learner records are affected by whatever this is.

The ‘real’ HE quals are validating just fine

And now they have closed the Service Desk!

Thanks for the re-assurance that I am not alone…………

warrilowk
    Participant

Hiya

It’s a level 4 so still requires an HE Dataset.

I think someone has missed this bit of the guidance when programming this in FIS.

My level 4 learner records are affected by whatever this is.

The ‘real’ HE quals are validating just fine

And now they have closed the Service Desk!

Thanks for the re-assurance that I am not alone…………

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Warrilowk,
    Are you sure as this is the guidance:
    The Learning Delivery HE entity must be returned for learning aims that meet the following criteria and where the collection requirements for the field apply:

For all providers:
    a. Learning aims that are HEFCE funded, as indicated in the Learning Delivery Funding and Monitoring fields using code SOF1.

For grant funded provision (FE colleges and other grant funded providers):
    b. Learning aims that are level 4 or above in the LARS database and are funded by the 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funding (FundModel 25); Adult skills funding (FundModel 35) – non apprenticeships only; or are not funded by the ESFA (FundModel 99).
    c. Learning aims that are identified as prescribed HE in the LARS database (using the EnglPrscID field) and are part of a higher apprenticeship programme (ProgType 20-23, 25)*
    * HEIs do not need to complete the Learner HE and Learning Delivery HE datasets on the ILR for higher and degree apprenticeships as this data will be included on your HESA return. See the Data Requirements for Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) for further details.

For contract funded provision (private training providers and all apprenticeships started from 1 May 2017):
    d. Learning aims that are identified as prescribed HE in the LARS database (using the EnglPrscID field)

Matt
    Participant

Hi Martin

Ours isn’t SOF=1, but is FM=99, so it would seem that paragraph (b) would apply and so it would need an HE dataset.

r012943
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m also struggling with these errors as they’ve never appeared in our reports previously. Is anyone able to advise what we would need to record for the following aim reference numbers please:

Thanks for any help

Martin West
    Participant

Hi r0,
    These are all prescribed HE aims
    for the 60304650 it is 50%,50%

r012943
    Participant

Thanks very much Martin. Where do I need to look to find the percentage split for the other two aims? I can see the LDCS fields in LARS, but how do you know what percentage to apply?

Also, we are getting error “The Student instance FTE must be returned for this learning aim” – I’m also struggling with what to update in this field as the ILR spec says it allows 0.1 to 300.0? It then says that full time would normally be 100, so which learners would fall into the 101-300 bracket? Our learners are apprentices.

Thanks again for your help

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    On LARs, search for the aim and on the Other information tab in the other aim details (at the bottom) it will include as for 50082760:
    LDCSCode: TE. – Construction
    LDCSCode (2): TL. – Civil Engineering
    LDCS Code (3): NUL – Null Value
    The split is 50%,50%
    HTH

warrilowk
    Participant

Thanks Martin

I am FE to level 4 with some prescribed HE and funding models in 25, 35, 81 and 99, plus ADL – so a, b and c apply to our records…..and also e
    Some with errors are L4 continuing students so wouldn’t you consider that their PCF etc should all be blank as they were last year.

Best regards
    Kate

r012943
    Participant

Thanks again – is anyone able to help with the “The Student instance FTE must be returned for this learning aim” error?

Our learners are apprentices

Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

FTE is the proportion between normal full time delivery and actual delivery.

As an example, if normal (full time) delivery is over 3 years but the Apprenticeship is over 4 years it would be 3/4=0.75 FTE

Richard Phipps
    Participant

We are getting this too.

I agree with Matt:

The PCFLDCS_01 validation rule states: “If any of the LDCS fields (LearningDeliveryHE.PCFLDCS, LearningDeliveryHE.PCSLDCS, LearningDeliveryHE.PCTLDCS) have been returned and LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate => 2009-08-01 and the sum of the returned fields <> 100″

…which to me suggests that if all 3 are null then the rule shouldn’t trigger (at the moment it is triggering when all 3 are null).

I don’t think we should have to put 33% in all 3 values for every learning aim that’s erroring that has 3 null values in the LARS. It sounds more like a validation error to me.

Has anyone reported this to the Service Desk and had a response yet?

Richard

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    My refence to 33% was incorrect I mean to say where all 3 where not null to indicate the percentage is split between the not null entries, e.g. 1-100%, 2=50%, 3=30% and for 0 you would not return any data.
    I have said this is a validation issue in FIS but not sure if it is the same on the HUB.
    HTH

TRaynor
    Participant

Hi,

I have posted my own question regarding this I did not notice this thread.

I am having the same error for all our learners both in the FIS and the Hub.

Has anyone resolved this?

I have emailed the help desk also.

Thanks,
    Claire

SFA STAFF

Henry ESFA

Dear colleagues,

please note that this we have identified a defect with the rule name PCFLDCS_01
    and it is being modified to a warning today for R04.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.