I’m struggling to get my head around the new eligibility criteria for unemployed learners.
I know this has changed so that now the eligibility for qualifications is based on age and prior knowledge but the more I look at the table in the funding rules the more confused I am!
Id like to blame it on ‘baby brain’ seeing as i’m just back from maternity leave but really I think I’ve just over read the guidance and so am over complicating it!
I’ve emailed the data service last week but they have had to escalate it to a technical query so that worries me that they can’t tell me!
KateSeptember 4, 2017 at 11:01 am #194338
my understanding for 19+ learners is that their first L2 must be a full level 2 from the legal entitlement list.
We used to run a programme that consisted of a L1 full qual, followed by 4 units of a L2, followed by a further L2 qual (licence to practise). We can continue to do this for anyone who already has a L2, but for those who don’t, then they complete the L1 and then have to do a different full L2 from the legal entitlement list before they can access the L2 licence to practise.
DaveSeptember 4, 2017 at 11:14 am #194358
This is what I thought, I’m glad to see i’m on the right lines!
And am I right in saying that the level 1 qualifications they take have to be from local flexibility?
KateSeptember 4, 2017 at 11:21 am #194362
If you check the Government contribution table on Page 22 you will see for 19-23 and 24+ where unemployment (as defined in the funding rules) indicates full funding.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/640223/Adult_education_budget_funding_and_performance_management_rules_version_2.pdfSeptember 4, 2017 at 11:22 am #194364
I have read this but I think i’m over complicating it! My interpretation is below:
19 – 23 year olds
• Where a learner has not already obtained a full level 2 qualification they are 1. fully funded to do their first full level 2 from the legal entitlements list or
2. Fully funded to do learning to progress to level 2 but this must be either Entry or L1 from the local flexibility list
• Where learners have already achieved a first full Level 2 qualification then they are fully funded for all learning aims up to and including level 2.
24+ year olds
• Fully fundable for all qualifications
The funding rules go on to state:
141. Individuals who have already achieved at level 2, or above, eligible for funding, must undertake any further level 2 qualifications only from local flexibility (not from legal entitlement) available on the Hub.
Therefore I am assuming that if a learner has already achieved a full level 2 qualification which is already on the legal entitlement list, they are only eligible to undertake further level 2 qualifications from local flexibility.
Am I on the right lines there?
KateSeptember 4, 2017 at 11:26 am #194368
YesSeptember 4, 2017 at 11:54 am #194388
Are the rules the same for 24+?
Thank you so much for your help!
KateSeptember 4, 2017 at 12:01 pm #194393
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.