AEB Unemployed learner funding

Home Forums Data issues AEB Unemployed learner funding

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KateW 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • KateW
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m struggling to get my head around the new eligibility criteria for unemployed learners.

I know this has changed so that now the eligibility for qualifications is based on age and prior knowledge but the more I look at the table in the funding rules the more confused I am!

Id like to blame it on ‘baby brain’ seeing as i’m just back from maternity leave but really I think I’ve just over read the guidance and so am over complicating it!

I’ve emailed the data service last week but they have had to escalate it to a technical query so that worries me that they can’t tell me!

Help!

Thanks!
    Kate

davej
    Participant

my understanding for 19+ learners is that their first L2 must be a full level 2 from the legal entitlement list.

We used to run a programme that consisted of a L1 full qual, followed by 4 units of a L2, followed by a further L2 qual (licence to practise). We can continue to do this for anyone who already has a L2, but for those who don’t, then they complete the L1 and then have to do a different full L2 from the legal entitlement list before they can access the L2 licence to practise.
    Dave

KateW
    Participant

Hi Dave,

This is what I thought, I’m glad to see i’m on the right lines!

And am I right in saying that the level 1 qualifications they take have to be from local flexibility?

Kind regards,
    Kate

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    If you check the Government contribution table on Page 22 you will see for 19-23 and 24+ where unemployment (as defined in the funding rules) indicates full funding.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/640223/Adult_education_budget_funding_and_performance_management_rules_version_2.pdf

KateW
    Participant

Hi Martin,

I have read this but I think i’m over complicating it! My interpretation is below:

19 – 23 year olds

• Where a learner has not already obtained a full level 2 qualification they are 1. fully funded to do their first full level 2 from the legal entitlements list or
    2. Fully funded to do learning to progress to level 2 but this must be either Entry or L1 from the local flexibility list

• Where learners have already achieved a first full Level 2 qualification then they are fully funded for all learning aims up to and including level 2.

24+ year olds

• Fully fundable for all qualifications

The funding rules go on to state:

141. Individuals who have already achieved at level 2, or above, eligible for funding, must undertake any further level 2 qualifications only from local flexibility (not from legal entitlement) available on the Hub.

Therefore I am assuming that if a learner has already achieved a full level 2 qualification which is already on the legal entitlement list, they are only eligible to undertake further level 2 qualifications from local flexibility.

Am I on the right lines there?

Kind regards,
    Kate

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Kate,
    Yes

KateW
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Are the rules the same for 24+?

Thank you so much for your help!

Kind regards,
    Kate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.