AGE GRANT

Home Forums Data issues AGE GRANT

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Spats 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • lapsed_user
    Participant

Good afternoon

Can anyone clarify the new AGE grant for me please. I have an employer who indicated on his form in September 2014 that he required 4 apprentices. He took two in September/October and now would like to take another apprentice on. I am not sure what the rules are now the AGE grant has changed. He has less than 50 employees but as he has already taken on two apprentices will this stop him taking any more under the new AGE grant rules.

Jackie

Emma Topham
    Participant

Hi Jackie

The new rules that I am aware of are:

* Less than 50 employees
    * Maximum of 5 AGE Grants per company

This would mean that your employer would be eligible for another 3 apprentices should they wish.

HTH

Hughes18
    Participant

Hi Jackie
    Sorry not saying you would be confused, but some people I have spoken to are so to clarify the criteria is actually 0-49 employees.
    Regards
    Tracey

Ben.Feighery
    Participant

Hi Jackie,
    as above, they should be eligible for 3 more apprentices.

Although the employer indicated they wanted to take on 4 at the previous round, they should submit a new form for the new batch of apprentices (latest version from the website) as the wording has changed recently.

also, if they are a London employer and you are also claiming for ESF money, they will need to fill out the additional annex with the form. The claim/delivery will also need to meet additional ESF requirements.

Regards,
    Ben.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Thanks to all for replies.

Beverley
    Participant

Hi All

I thought the previous AGE finished on 31/12/14 and that any employer signed up to that scheme would have to take on apprentices before that date. AGE 2 the one with 1 – 49 Employers that started on 01/01/2015 is a separate scheme. Am I wrong? I’ve told employers who have previously claimed the grant for Apprentices (less than 5) starting last Autumn that there scheme is now closed.

regards
    Beverley

Hughes18
    Participant

HI
    It is my understanding that anyone who started on or before 31.12.2014 would fall under the old criteria and anyone with a learner starting 01.01.2015 was the new criteria to apply. So if we had an employer who recruited last year, they can still apply this year provided the number does not exceed 5.
    Regards
    Tracey

Emma Topham
    Participant

Hi All

Quick question:
    A local provider has mentioned to my colleague that Manchester employers can still claim if they have 0-249 employees.
    Does anyone know this to be correct? I cannot see any guidance confirming this and my relationship manager has not got back to me yet.

TIA
    Emma

Hughes18
    Participant

Hi Emma
    I have not seen anything regarding Manchester, only London ESF grant sorry.
    Regards
    Tracey

Ben.Feighery
    Participant

I’ve also not heard anything about Manchester but would be interested to find out if that is true.

There was no mention of any non-London extensions to AGE Grant at the SFA’s provider meeting i attended last month.

Spats
    Participant

Emma> That’s the London ESF AGE grant. To the best of my knowledge there’s nothing in the regular AGE documentation to support what that other provider has said.

Prestridge
    Participant

Emma – the 0-249 employees is for the London ESF Apprenticeship Grant for Employers.

Emma Topham
    Participant

Thank you All

My colleague attended a seminar yesterday and apparently was confirmed by the Local Authority (Rochdale Council).
    I’m assuming that it would only be for those providers with a LA contract but not the SFA?

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I am always glad when a discussion on FeConnect can raise a smile and wonder if others would enjoy the concept of placing someone for an AGE grant with a company with zero employees (which some have noted above to be the minimum)!!!

Spats
    Participant

“0 – 249 employees” is actually the range given within the official fact sheets, Caspar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.