ALN/LLDD on ILR

Home Forums Data issues ALN/LLDD on ILR

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kei 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Kei
    Participant

Hey,

I’m new to administrating ILR returns so this may be a really silly question.

A new learner on a L4 apprenticeship standard, he put on his enrolment form that he has dyslexia but on speaking with his learning coaches he said that he hasn’t been diagnosed with it and/or it doesn’t effect his day to day life. In school he required some extra time as he has to read things multiple times.

Would I record his dyslexia on the ILR? I thought I would even though we wouldn’t claim anything for any LLDD but just for ESFA records.

Thanks in advance!

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hello,

It’s the student’s choice. ILR Specification says;

Whether the learner considers that they have a learning difficulty,
    disability or health problem. Completed on the basis of the learner’s selfassessment.

and

This field should be completed on the basis of the learner’s self-assessment.

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Also, if your learner needs additional time to undertake their FS tests then a declaration on their enrolment forms is sufficient evidence. Even if you’re not claiming ALS, it’s important that their self assessment is detailed on the ILR.

Sue

Kei
    Participant

That’s great thank you for your help 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.