Apprentice Additional functional skills

Home Forums Data issues Apprentice Additional functional skills

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AllanL 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • AllanL
    Participant

Good morning everyone

I am trying to locate some recent guidance relating to the data entry for Apprentices who progress onto a L2 functional skill after achieving level 1 for their framework. I recall it stating that they did NOT have to achieve it and that it would not affect success rates, but should be entered in ILR as an additional aim.
    Can anyone tell me where this written because I can’t find it.

Many thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Page 40 Funding Rules 2014 to 2015
    English and maths
    140. For all apprentices who start their intermediate-level Apprenticeship on or after 1 August 2014:
    140.1. you must offer level-2 Functional Skills or GCSE qualifications in English or maths (or both) to those apprentices who have not yet achieved level 2 in English or maths (or both), whether or not this is included in a framework; and
    140.2. the apprentice must start and continue to take part in level-2 English and maths during their intermediate-level Apprenticeship if the apprentice already had a level 1 in either English or maths (or both) before they started their Apprenticeship.
    141. All intermediate-level apprentices who achieve level 1 in English or maths (or both) before the end of their intermediate-level Apprenticeship must be offered the opportunity to progress to level 2 in English or maths (or both).
    142. Apprentices will not need to have achieved level 2 in English or maths (or both) if it is not a mandatory element of their Apprenticeship framework.
    143. The funding for all English and maths provision delivered as part of an Apprenticeship must be reported as an Apprenticeship learning aim in the ILR, including level-2 learning in an intermediate-level Apprenticeship.
    144. You must not claim funding for level 1 in English or maths in an Apprenticeship where the mandatory requirement of the Apprenticeship framework is at level 2.

AllanL
    Participant

Thanks Martin – I should have looked in there first but had it in mind that it was more recent guidance. Thanks again
    Allan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.