Apprentice repeating Framework Competencies

Home Forums Data issues Apprentice repeating Framework Competencies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jessicar 6 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • jessicar
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone come across a scenario where an apprentice has previously achieved (in 2010) the competencies of a framework, but as they were done that long ago they can’t remember anything and so the employer wants them to repeat as they have no operational competence?

The qualification they would be doing would be a different learning aim.

Would there be an argument to not reduce the price for prior learning as they have no operational competence?
    P59 You must reduce the content, duration and price, where the individual
    has prior learning necessary to achieve occupational competence.

steveh
    Participant

Ooh, tricky…

It is a decade ago though, so I’d be *very* clear on the skills scan that they can’t do the stuff, probably with more input from the employer than you’d usually have? If it gets picked in the sample when you’re audited (and, due to the wonders of Sod’s Law, *of course* they will be in the sample), you’ll have to have a cast iron defence of why you chose to fund it.

I think it depends on the operational area as well? If the competencies are related to the apprentice’s ability to do the job safely that seems more compelling than it being, say, business admin (no disrespect to BA, but you know what I mean)?

jessicar
    Participant

Thanks for your insight!

Its engineering, so hopefully easier to justify that the employer won’t let an apprentice operate machinery without further training.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.