Apprentice start date evidence

Home Forums Data issues Apprentice start date evidence

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • jondarke
    Participant

I have always ensured that all aims are started on the date that the apprentice starts however I have now heard from others that as long as all aims are opened within the month of start (ie before the census point for the first OPP) this is acceptable for audit. I have been through the funding rules but can’t find this specific point.

Can anyone please advise or point me in the right direction?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Aims are recorded on the ILR within 1 week of the actual start of learning and there is no requirement that they start during the first month of an Apprenticeship.
    HTH

SCOTTIA
    Participant

Hi Jondarke – do you mean that you make sure that you have some documentation/evidence to support the actual start date you put on the the ILR? e.g a Review with that date or a first Action plan with learning activity specified on that date? Are you querying whether this is now necessary? i.e. you could put a learner on when the sign-up is received e.g 17/1/2020 and as long as the first learning activity starts within the month of January then the 2 dates wouldn’t have to tally exactly to be okay at audit as a start date? I think this is what you mean as we make sure we don’t put a learner on without actual learning activity being evident and this is the date we use on the ILR – therefore I’m also interested in the response to this.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

When we were audited in 17/18, they were very strict on apprenticeship start dates, and insisted we had some evidence of “learning activity” on the start date of the programme aim.

However, you’re right that you don’t have to have started any qualifications at that point, especially with Standards. Even with frameworks, you could spend a while on things like Health and Safety, ERR etc, that aren’t qualifications but are required to pass the framework. You then start your qualifications a couple of weeks after the apprenticeship start.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    There are difference depending on the Apprenticeship funding model as FM35 is funded at an individual aim level whereas FM36 is funded from the Programme aim and funded for any Maths and English aim delivered as part of the programme.

FM35
    As this is funded from the individual aims you must evidence the start date of each individual aim which may take place at any point during the duration of the Apprenticeship.

FM36
    This is funded from the Programme aim for the Apprenticeship over the practical period and the start date referenced below is the start date of the practical period which again must be evidence.
    For any Maths and English aim delivered as part of the programme you must evidence the start date of each individual aim which may take place at any point during the duration of the Apprenticeship.
    For all other unfunded component aims including qualifications the start and end dates should reflect would reflect the period of actual delivery.

P30 The start date set out in the apprenticeship agreement must match the date in the commitment statement. Details in the commitment statement must be completed before the apprenticeship agreement can be signed.
    P65.3 The start date set out in the commitment statement must align with the start date in the apprenticeship agreement and the ILR.
    HTH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.