Apprentices made redundant on or after 15 October 2020

Home Forums Data issues Apprentices made redundant on or after 15 October 2020

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • LC
    Participant

Hello

I am hoping someone can help me interpret this new guidance from 15th October 2020 please?

This is part of the guidance:

1. Apprentices who are made redundant on or after 15 October 2020 who are in the last 6 months of their training OR have completed 75% of their training

OR

2. Apprentices who are made redundant on or after 15 October 2020 who have completed less than 75% of the apprenticeship practical period and have more than six months training remaining

With option 1. are they saying you have to be 75% through training OR 75% through your practical planned duration?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Martin West
    Participant

Training only applies to the Practical Period so both means the same.
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

We were discussing this. I’d say there are three interpretations;

– 75% through planned duration
    – 75% through planned OTJ hours
    – 75% through content required

We’ve just decided to use percentage of planned duration completed. Second option would probably be ok too, but the third would be almost impossible to evidence.

Those three things will not necessarily be in line. Apprentices can be ahead or behind with OTJ compared with duration, and they can be behind with content even if up to date with OTJ.

LC
    Participant

Thank you for the replies, I think 75% through planned duration will be the easiest option to go with.

I found it strange that they specified with option 2 “less than 75% through practical period”, but didn’t specify the “practical period” for Option 1.

Martin West
    Participant

It does specify Practical period for all redundancy options in the funding rules if you are in doubt see the flow chart on page 61.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.