Apprentices Transferring Employer and Provider

Home Forums Data issues Apprentices Transferring Employer and Provider

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hughes18 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • SCOTTIA
    Participant

Hi – please can someone advise whether the Non-Levy Employer DAS Accounts can be used for an Apprentice who has previously started the same Apprenticeship with a different employer and training provider, so in effect, is not a brand new start but is a transfer in? MTIA

GaynorLFT
    Participant

I can’t see why not. We have had to do this for Apprentices made redundant to to enusre the new employer qualifies for the new incentive payments.

Hughes18
    Participant

I was advised by the Apprenticeship Service that you cannot move between a non levy contract to reservations!

Hughes18
    Participant

This is what i was advised.

If the apprenticeship began on a non-levy procured contract, they cannot be moved to a non-levy funding reservation through the AS account. Changing providers would not exempt a learner from this rule. This is outlined in the Apprenticeship Funding Rules for Main Providers page 47 (linked and quoted below).

P242 ‘Funding cannot be secured through both reservations, and via contracted provision, for a single apprentice on an apprenticeship (please see paragraphs P78.5)’.

steveh
    Participant

[not shouting at you, shouting at the advice]

No no no, that means you can’t have both *at once* surely? Or, you can’t move a learner across, purely to get the incentive payment? Not “once a learner has been on a contracted app anywhere, they can’t ever be on reserved funding”???

Of course changing providers *must* exempt learners because most providers don’t even *have* a contract and NO ONE will come next March…

Hughes18
    Participant

Yes I would have read the rules the same way and have said as much back to them. I am just going round in circles with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.