Apprenticeship Completion and resits

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship Completion and resits

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • steveh
    Participant

(X-posting to both boards so everyone see it)
    Hi All

Following much discussion about what to do with resits, I have received the following from the Service Desk that I wanted to share here:

Dear Steve,

You contacted apprenticeship service support on 29 September 2020.

Ticket reference number: 84210​.

If the learner decides to resit the EPA, that learning aim should be closed with the initial outcome.

The Provider Support Manual provides a useful guidance on recording standard completions. The information can be found under
    Section 6 Completing the ILR: recording apprenticeship programmes, then “Additional guidance for apprenticeships recorded on Funding model 36”, accessible on: https://guidance.submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk/psm/article/additional-guidance-for-apprenticeship-frameworks-and-standards-recorded-on-funding-model-36.

Towards the bottom the three last chapters:

Funding model 36: recording learning outcomes
    Recording apprenticeship framework completions
    Recording apprenticeship standard completions
    advise of certain points of the apprenticeship.

When the training is done, you will need to add the learning actual end date, and have an outcome of 8, irrelevant of if the learner then passes or fails EPA, the provider needs to amend the outcome and place in the achievement date. This will give the completion payment, as it’s based on the achievement date being in, not the outcome.

The Provider Support Manual also advises on what to do if there is a resit, as well as if more learning is required before the learner takes the resit.

In addition, please refer also to the Section 5 Completing the ILR: recording learner changes, “Recording learning outcomes”, accessible on: https://guidance.submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk/psm/article/recording-learning-outcomes.
    The Recording learning outcomes that talks about resits.

I hope this information was helpful for you.

So, it’s definitely INITIAL COMPLETION of the EPA, not ACHIEVEMENT that we record.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    I think they are trying to make the guidance fit the scenario for EPA resits but it does not, so we close the Programme aim with the first result of the EPA but then what?

steveh
    Participant

The very question I asked back Martin!

I think it *implies* that the date doesn’t change, only the Outcome (as we would with eg a classroom learner resitting), but I’ve asked for confirmation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.