Apprenticeship duration calculation

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship duration calculation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • lharkins
    Participant

Hi, I just want to make sure i have these apprenticeship duration calculations correctly worked out:
    The Apprenticeship funding and performance-management rules for training providers (2017/18) states:
    P39: The minimum duration for apprenticeship training is one year unless the framework or standard specification or assessment plan require it to be longer…

P47: Where part time working is agreed, you must:
    47.3 extend the minimum duration using the following formula:
    47.3.1 12 x 30 / average weekly hours = new minimum duration in months

No issues with that but just want to confirm that the “12” in the 47.3.1 formula should in fact be the duration as specified under P39.

If for example I have a framework or standard that is specified under P39 as 18 months, by applying the given formula at 47.3.1 for someone working 20 hours, the calculation returns 18 months which is the duration expected for someone working 30 or more hours per week

So, in fact 47.3.1 should read:
    framework or standard specification or assessment plan duration x 30 / average weekly hours = new minimum duration in months

Is this your understanding?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s what P39 has said, replace the 12 with the Framework or standard duration where it is different.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.