Apprenticeship funding for dependant visa?

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship funding for dependant visa?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark@Tempdent 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Mark@Tempdent
    Participant

Hi all,

One of our employers has just sent us a “Request to offer employment” form from their head office and the potential new staff member has the following visa:

PBS DEPENDENT
    LEAVE TO ENTER
    RESTRICTED WORK
    NO DR/DEN TRAIN OR SPORTSPERSON

There doesn’t seem to be anything concrete in the Funding Guidance regarding this so I just thought I’d ask: can we enter this learner onto a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing with this, or will they have to provide further evidence to prove their eligibility to live/work in the UK or receive apprenticeship funding?

The learner has yet to be offered a job at the dental practice as their form states “Job offer will not be processed unless all RTW documentation is provided”.

Just wondering if anyone else here has dealt with a similar situation, and if so, what did they do?

Thanks all!

Paul Rogers
    Participant

Hi,

As an Apprentice is employed, and the visa clearly states that the have restricted work, confirming no training for a Doctor or Dentist, I would say thats it clear they cannot work in those areas.

If you are unsure, raise it with the ESFA Helpdesk / Apprenticeship Service Desk to get a concrete answer.

Paul.

steveh
    Participant

I’m more worried about residency? Someone on a dependant visa would have to show 3 years in EEA to be fundable, even if they could work from day one of arrival.

I’m unsure about the semantics around whether a dental nurse counts as “a dentist”, I *suspect* not but I Am Not An Immigration Lawyer!!!

Mark@Tempdent
    Participant

I’ve also emailed my query across to the ESFA helpdesk just to get 100% clarification on this, but from what I’ve read on various GOV.UK links and several forums, it isn’t looking like she will be fundable via apprenticeship!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.