Apprenticeship Redundancy Within 6 months

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship Redundancy Within 6 months

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jordan 23 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Clair Ayling
    Participant

I am trying to reconcile paragraphs 77 and 294/295 in the Apprenticeship funding rules
    for main providers August 2019 to July 2020.

Should apprenticeships made redundant within 6 months of their final day be 100% ESFA funded to the end of the apprenticeship rather than for 12 weeks (so long as resonable efforst are made to find a new employer? Many thanks.

P77 If an apprentice is made redundant, we will continue to fund their training even if
    they cannot find another employer.
    P77.1 Apprentices who are made redundant within six months of their final day
    will be funded to completion.

Effect on funding
    Funding from the first employer’s apprenticeship service account stops. Any employer coinvestment due from the first employer should be reconciled to the date of redundancy and
    any differences in employer co-investment received to those due should be repaid to the
    employer or main provider.
    The apprentice is funded through 100% government co-investment for up to 12 weeks.
    Employer additional payments stop. Main provider additional payments remain unchanged.

Kate
    Participant

If they have less than 6 months until their planned end date the ESFA will fund 100% of the training until completion however, you should support them to find a new employer where possible.

If they have between 6-12 months until their planned end date then the ESFA will fund 100% for up to 12 weeks whilst they seek a new employer. If no new employer is found in this time then they must be withdrawn.

If they have more than 12 months until their planned end date there is no period of 100% funding & they must find a new employer to support their apprenticeship from the point they are made redundant.

Thanks

Clair Ayling
    Participant

Perfect, that is what I expected so didn’t understand the reference to 12 weeks in the effect on funding paragraph referring to less than 6 months.

Thanks, Kate!

Jordan
    Participant

Thankyou for the summary Kate, can I clarify the last point:

If they have more than 12 months until their planned end date there is no period of 100% funding & they must find a new employer to support their apprenticeship from the point they are made redundant.

Does this mean that an apprentice whose role is made redundant can still continue to train unfunded for a period of up to 12 weeks, at which point if they haven’t found employment they would be withdrawn? I’m thinking they can from what I read from P271 and P273.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.