Apprenticeship Service: Completed Status

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship Service: Completed Status

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Anamitailor 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

At the start of May 2020, we introduced an additional “Completed” status to help you to manage your apprentice records on the apprenticeship service. You can view and filter the status of all your apprentice records within the Manage your Apprentices section of your account.

Each apprentice record will have one of the following statuses:

•Waiting to start
    Apprentices who are waiting to start their apprenticeship training.

•Live
    Apprentices who are currently undertaking their apprenticeship.

•Paused
    The employer has applied a temporary pause to an apprentice record

•Stopped
    The employer has applied a permanent stop to an apprentice record

•Completed
    The training provider has returned the Individualised Learner Record (ILR) as completed confirming that the apprentice finished their apprenticeship training and assessment.

Once an apprentice record updates to “Completed”, a completion payment month is displayed on the record. This shows the month that the 20% completion payment to the provider was processed.

The completion payment month may differ from date the apprentice finished their apprenticeship.

Historical apprentice records, where the training and assessment had previously been completed, have also been updated.

Do not stop an apprentice record that has completed.

If you have any queries, then please contact the National Apprenticeship Service on 08000 150 600

steveh
    Spectator

Laura, has the problem of progressing learners been fixed?

Last month providers were complaining that learners moving from L2 to L3, where their start date was in the same month as the Completed date, were DLOCKing as overlapping, even though the specific dates (eg End 9/4/20 and Start 16/4/20) weren’t overlapping…

SFA STAFF

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your question. I have asked a colleague to look into this and will update you with their response once it comes through.

Thanks,

Laura

SFA STAFF

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Sorry that this taking so long – I will follow up again today.

Thanks,

Laura

steveh
    Spectator

Haven’t *heard* of any issues on R10, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s fixed 😉 Particularly in The Current Situation where perhaps there are fewer progressions than usual…

sambern
    Spectator

We’re having this issue, any updates would be appreciated.

VictoriaW
    Spectator

I seem to be getting ILR mismatch errors on the AS service. Have raised a ticket with them

SFA STAFF

Anamitailor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Hope you’re well.

Laura is on AL this week, I have been chasing the relevant contact in regards to your query.

Please bear with us, sorry it has taken a while.

Kind Regards

Anami

donna1805
    Spectator

Hi – Can you please advise how you complete a learner on DAS as a Training Provider, or does the Employer have to do it?

Many Thanks
    Donna

steveh
    Spectator

Hi Donna

Pretty sure it updates after you’ve submitted an ILR, so you don’t have to do anything else, it’ll just sort itself out.

SFA STAFF

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. Please bear me with a little while longer – a response is forthcoming.

Thanks
    Laura

steveh
    Spectator
    SFA STAFF

Laura ESFA
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delay. I have received this response from the Apprenticeship Service:

We are aware of an issue whereby once a record is marked as completed, it cannot be edited in any way. Therefore if an employer is attempting to add or approve a new record and the start date is after the planned end date of the previous record and the previous record is now marked as completed then the customer gets an overlapping training dates error and as they are unable to edit the planned end date of the previous record they are effectively stuck. We are working to resolve this as a matter of priority and are aiming to provide a resolution before R14. Thank you for your understanding in the interim.

davonnie
    Spectator

I have some learners who are marked as Live, some of which withdrew. How do I get these changed?

ewilliams3
    Spectator

Hi –
    Is there a further update ?
    With the R14 now creeping up quickly – we have quite a number of these and once the issue is resolved we need to send to the employer and ensure they are approved before the hard close.

What will happen with the income if this does not happen – will we be able to claim it retrospectively through the EAS ?

Thanks,
    Elisa.

Caspar Verney
    Spectator

BJB
    Spectator

I received an e-mail from the app service today saying this issue is still not resolved. Obviously concerned that funds are at risk this close to R14.
    Has anyone received any advice as to how we recoup these funds if the issue isn’t resolved pre R14.
    The fact they have been working on it since May doesn’t fill me with confidence that it will be resolved within the next 3 weeks.
    Thanks
    BJB

Caspar Verney
    Spectator

Hi BJB,

I agree with your fears and do not know what the answer is, however I would suggest that you raise this with your Program Manager at the ESFA now (ie before the R14 Hard Close) and that way they have advance warning of your claims.

HTH,
    Caspar

BJB
    Spectator

Thanks Casper, will raise it today.

SFA STAFF

Anamitailor
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. Please see the responses below to some of your questions.

Q: With the R14 now creeping up quickly – we have quite a number of these and once the issue is resolved we need to send to the employer and ensure they are approved before the hard close.
    What will happen with the income if this does not happen – will we be able to claim it retrospectively through the EAS ?
    Is there a further update ?

There was an issue with the completion status showing incorrectly for paused, live or withdrawn learners, but we have now fixed this issue within the service. All the statuses within the service should now be accurate based on the provider’s ILR data and the employer’s information within the apprenticeship service.

Q: I have some learners who are marked as Live, some of which withdrew. How do I get these changed?

If a learner has withdrawn then the employer has the option to set the learner’s record to ‘stopped’. This is managed by the employers.

The status of these learners will also depend on what the provider’s ILR is saying and what information is in the apprenticeship service. There is a breakdown below:

Waiting to start – not approved yet (could also be seen as draft)
    Live – agreed by both provider and employer, dates are within the apprenticeship service (start date and planned end date)
    Paused – this status comes from when an employer pauses a learner in AS
    Stopped – this status comes from when an employer stops a learner in AS
    Completed – this status comes from the payments data, so when we see a completion payment has been made

Ahead of R14 – if you have an issue with particular learner’s status then please log a ticket through the service desk: https://help.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/hc/en-gb

As long as the ILR and AS data match, plus the employer has not paused, stopped or withdrawn a learner then payments should be made to the provider.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.