Apprenticeship Service Error

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeship Service Error

This topic contains 47 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  robS4S 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
  • Paul
    Participant

Hi All,

Is anyone else having issues with Apprenticeship Service when trying to “add” or “edit” apprentice records on cohorts? (this is before approval).

I haven’t been able to add ULN’s or add a new apprentice since yesterday morning.

Thanks
    Paul

Treise
    Participant

Yes, getting the same here, not been able to edit any learners since yesterday.

Treise

Zaheer_Patel
    Participant

Yes, same as Treise! Frustrating!

Vicky
    Participant

I still can’t edit anything. Has anyone been given an idea of when this will be fixed?

Treise
    Participant

I logged a call with the App Service yesterday and got an email back saying that they were aware of the issue but “there is no specific date or time for when this will be rectified”.

CBresland
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone have any update on this issue? We have not been able to input any details since the 10th July 2019, as with many providers we have our financial year end coming up and wish to ensure that all funding is received.

Thanks

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Still not working for me either. It’s frustrating now as I also have details to add.

Richard

opsme
    Participant

The ‘single’ log on is currently a two stage log on…

When you get the error it offers a few additional profiles to log in with

Select ‘FASST IdAMS’ and it redirects you to a site to log in again using your usual log in for https://providers.apprenticeships.education.gov.uk/

You should then be able to edit your cohort etc. Would be nice if they just fixed it though!

CBresland
    Participant

Still not working for me and now I am receiving an error indicating access is denied as I do not have the correct user permissions.

Not only are we struggling as a provider with this issue, our employers are now beginning to complain too.

Is anyone aware of the timescale for the Apprenticeship Service to be fixed?

Thanks

We are an Employer Provider. I am able to add the apprentice as an employer but unable to complete the process by approving and adding the ULN as a provider.

This error occured last week – 11/07/19. I’ve have reported this via the portal. Still waiting to hear.

uholliday
    Participant

If you are worrying about getting apprentices on or updated then use the bulk upload facility. I’ve been using it since the error occurred and its been working fine.

Click on the bulk upload button next to the add apprentice button in the cohort, access the help and download the guidance.

Basically you create a CSV file and upload it. I’ve created a view in our student records system to pick out the fields required. Export it into excel, change the format of some of the fields – it says in the document what they should be – save it as a CSV file and upload it.

The majority of my rejections were due to the format of the fields not being correct. The DOB and start and end dates being the biggest culprits.

I’ve even found that I can use this method to add in the ULN’s to any apprentice’s the employer has added. You need to select all the fields again as it overwrites what is there.

It quicker to add even just one apprentice. It’ll be my preferred method now I’ve found it and have set up the systems around it.

Hope this helps.

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi All,

Has anyone had any updates regarding this issue, I did ask to be kept updated by the Service Desk. (more chance of winning the lottery)

This is what happens when you have a system than is not fit for purpose i guess!

I look forward to having and extra 5 days added to the ILR deadline to compensate for this ‘error’ and I am really Looking forward to dealing with all the ridiculous matching errors once we can actually add people again.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

I rang yesterday but was told still no word on when it will be fixed. So, it looks like it started to go wrong on the 10th, so 8 days now with no proper access..

nikeshashar
    Participant

I called today (18th) and got the same – it’s a known bug and they don’t know when it will be fixed.

It must be quite serious to last over a week – or it’s not a priority to fix in the backlog.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

It must be a priority, it is stopping everyone from editing or approving DAS records (apart from via the Bulk Update method).

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Just to play devil’s advocate: if the bulk upload method works then there is a workaround which everyone can use and therefore this would not make a fix a priority, particularly when then are other things that are a higher priority.

Mind you, reading this thread I would personally regard this situation as unacceptable and the lack of response from the Authorities concerned absolutely beyond belief.

Caspar

darrenvidler
    Participant

Update – i spoke to the service desk this morning and they advised that they haven’t even been given any additional information by the technical team investigating the issues. As it stands the issue is still being looked into.

Darren

old25
    Participant

Hi

Seems to be working now, I have edited a cohort and sent for approval to an employer

KarenTCLS
    Participant

I logged a call about this 14 days ago and heard nothing since. Chased today and got the stock reply ‘Unfortunately, there is no timeframe as to when the issue will be resolved…. I tried the workaround suggestion above and managed to get in to edit the details of a cohort but unable to submit because apparently there are dates overlapping. So another call to the helpdesk who apparently cannot tell me why the data is overlapping so yet another call logged with the technical team and their quote of ‘we endeavour to fix within 5 working days’…
    This system is not fit for purpose, they have no idea how difficult this is for providers, we are working blind, having to wait for each ILR to close before we can see if our changes fix the mismatches between our ILR and the apprenticeship account records, we have employers complaining about the delays, managers complaining about the funding implications and are running out of time before the end of the year to fix these problems.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

It was working for me yesterday when I tried in the afternoon. Karen: Do you want to try again?

SFA STAFF

Natalie Hales
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

We are aware of a technical issue that has affected some providers when editing apprentices / cohorts before approval. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

Many thanks

robS4S
    Participant

was broken yesterday and …
    it is still broken now 🙁

reported it yesterday, not even had an acknowledgement.

TRaynor
    Participant

It seems fingers crossed to be fixed!!!!

I can get to the add an apprentice screen which is a step forward.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Hi all,

This was fixed for me since last week but is now erroring again. I have just reported it to the Apprenticeship Service Helpdesk.. 🙁

Richard

darrenvidler
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Also erroring for us now despite having been fixed previously. I’ve logged it with them as well.

Darren

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.