Apprenticeships funded by transfer of levy funds

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeships funded by transfer of levy funds

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jo Phillips 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jo Phillips
    Spectator

Morning all

I have a question if anyone could help please?

We are getting a cohort of apprentices from an employer that is receiving funding for these apprentices through a levy transfer.

Do we as the training provider have to identify/differentiate these apprentices in our ILR return in anyway? Are they identified differently on The Apprenticeship Service?

I know that the liability of the transfer funded apprenticeship lies solely with the receiving employer. Just want to make sure I am recording my data correctly.

Many thnaks

Jo

Sue Bishop
    Spectator

Hi Jo

No, they aren’t identified any differently and you only need to categorise them as ACT 1 as they are using the DAS

Sue

Martin West
    Spectator

You do not record these any differently in the ILR

Jo Phillips
    Spectator

Thanks very much

Best

Jo

chrisbradley
    Spectator

Hi Jo,

just a little tip. I found that despite the non-levy company receiving funds via levy funding from a donor company the payments will appear in the monthly payments report in the co-funded column. The funding is actually 100% levy funded though. This caused me a little pain until I discovered this.

The method I use to identify these and in fact any non-levy companies not in receipt of donor funding is to add a simple text string into the provider defined field(s). For example I have adpopted “NL levy-funded” in the field we use and this then is seen in the indicative funding reports to enable any cross-referencing with the monthly reports identifies these companies. It is easier to filter them out etc.
    Chris

Jo Phillips
    Spectator

Thanks Chris

Good tips and insight thanks, we thought of identifying them using the provider defined field which we can easily do in the ILR.

Although this is a Levy employer that is receiving a transfer, not a non-levy.

Best

Jo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.