Apprenticeships, new rule – Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave KIT/SPLIT

Home Forums Data issues Apprenticeships, new rule – Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental Leave KIT/SPLIT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Jemdeb01
    Participant

As part of the new rule we have to implement an agreement, one of the conditions is that we have –

An agreement by the employer and provider in relation to the timing of KIT/SPLIT* days relative to the monthly payments that the provider will continue to receive if a break in learning is not utilised. Monthly payments will not continue during a 12-month maternity absence if only 1 KIT day is used on off-the-job training. (Further information on actions to take will be in version 1).

Can someone spell this out in laymen’s terms for me ?

steveh
    Participant

There’s loads more detail in version 1!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-funding-rules

P292 onwards

301 explains exactly what needs to be in the agreement

Jemdeb01
    Participant

HI Steve, thanks for reply. I have read the guide, and all of the paragraphs you reference. All of which I fully understand. I have drafted an agreement which we will use, this includes all elements BUT it is the wording in the paragraph I sent that I cannot compute.

No matter how many times I read it, it does not make sense ?

Maybe I am all ESFA ‘guided’ out !

steveh
    Participant

But that para isn’t in V1, is it? so it doesn’t matter? It was a placeholder and they’ve got rid of it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.