Aptem

Home Forums Data issues Aptem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ralberg 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • simon2513
    Participant

Hi, is anyone using Aptem, and been through a successful financial ESFA audit? The agreements/commitment statement seem lightweight, so just checking the ESFA have been happy with them in the past.

Many thanks

KT
    Participant

Hi – we use Aptem, not been through an audit yet though…..

We won’t use the CS contained with Aptem as from my perspective it isn’t compliant with the rules and also contains personal information that shouldn’t be visible. Aptem are looking into this and intend seeking views of its users on how they can improve it; Aptem also have UVACs CS within the system which you could choose to use.

We have our own version that we populate and have found a work around in Aptem to then upload against ‘compliance documents’ so it registers as contributing to compliance requirements.

simon2513
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, do you mind me asking in what way you don’t believe them to be compliant?

KT
    Participant

It doesn’t contain any reference to a subcontractor and what content they will deliver, subsequently it doesn’t contain a signature declaration for the subcontractor to sign. Conversely it does contain the apprentices NI and DOB which are not necessary as this data is held elsewhere by both the employer and training provider so could breach GDPR.

ralberg
    Participant

Hi All

I am Richard Alberg, CEO of MWS – the Aptem developer.

Hopefully it is helpful if I provide some clarification. A challenge of the sector is that there can sometimes be conflicting views on compliance. The above posts are Higher Education oriented and so is my response.

For our HE clients we offer the latest UVAC (https://uvac.ac.uk/) commitment statement template. This is considered as fully compliant for HE and we recommend this for our universities. Some of our HE users have proposed ways in which we can make the template more flexible and editable to meet their needs. We have an HE user group and this is something we will be consulting with them on when the group next meets in March.

Our support desk can advise on commitment statement options and our HE product director is also available. Please get in touch with our support team if you have any questions / concerns and they will do their best to assist.

I think the GDPR point is a bit of a red herring. Aptem is a UK hosted secure system. There should not be GDPR issues with the data stored within.

I hope this helps, Regards, Richard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.