ATA and Transfer of Levy Funds

Home Forums Data issues ATA and Transfer of Levy Funds

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gen2JP 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • pmoody
    Participant

We’ve got an international employer who would like to take on some Apprentices but have a headcount cap placed on them. They’ve asked whether it would be possible for the learners to be employed by our ATA and for them to transfer the levy funding to us for the training.

I’ve read the various guidance’s and whilst I can see that we can’t transfer our levy funding to an employer and also do the training I can’t see any reference over transfers going the other way. i.e. Employer transferring levy to a provider who is both the ATA employer and trainer.

Has anyone come across this scenario before?

Gen2JP
    Participant

Good afternoon pmoody

I submitted a similar query to ESFA and the following was their response.

“An employer can only use their levy to pay for training for employees that are employed directly by them/on their payroll. Employers can transfer their levy funds to an Apprentices Training Agency.”

So the employer will be transferring their 10% of funds to our ATA. The ATA is then classed as the “employer” and enters the learner details into ATA digital account. Then the ATA links the learners to the Training Provider.

By the way the Transfer Funds available will be 25% from April 2019.

Regards
    JP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.