BIL after PED

Home Forums Data issues BIL after PED

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ADUNN 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • selliott
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a learner who has just passed her planned end date and was going to be sitting her AAT exam. Hopefully she would have passed and then achieved within the 90 days, so she could still go down as timely. Now she is unable to sit her AAT exam as they aren’t running, I will need to put a BIL in, which will be after her PED. Obviously this won’t affect the financials as we’ll have had all the on programme payments anyway, but will it still protect the timely achievement 90 day window? i.e does it stop the 90 days counting even if the BIL is after the PED?

Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Yours is a very specific and good query, albeit it may not be unique.

I would suggest that you pose it to the ESFA for official comment as on here you can really only get opinions. The ESFA may not yet have considered this scenario and they should, so I would recommend that you raise it directly with them. That said, I am sure others watching this forum would be interested to hear back whatever you might discover.

HTH,
    Caspar

selliott
    Participant

Thanks Caspar, I will direct my query to the ESFA. I did send them an enquiry form but somehow it seems to have been lost in the ether. I’ll try again and will share my findings (if they’re any use!!)

Sam

ADUNN
    Participant

Hi Sam

The business rules for QAR 2019-20 page 11 point 45 state the following

d *Planned breaks where the learner has temporarily withdrawn due to an agreed break in learning for the learning aim; we will exclude these from the relevant hybrid end year. However, if a learner does not return from a planned break then any learning aims excluded under this rule previously, will be included in subsequent reporting years.

Hope you find this helpful.

Kind Regards Anna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.