BiL and co-investment contributions

Home Forums Data issues BiL and co-investment contributions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sue Bishop 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Sue Bishop
    Participant

Morning all.

By and large, as we are mainly dealing with one learner at one employer, we invoice 100% co-investment at the beginning of programme and by and large the employer pays it. I contacted the service desk because when the learner returns to learning, to the same employer, reports indicate that they don’t seem to be picking up my PMR1 figures. I use the learner entry tool. I asked them if I needed to re-enter the PMR details on the second episode of learning; my concern being that achievement payments would not be paid at the appropriate time.

I was instructed by the service desk that when the learner goes on a BiL that I should refund the proportion of co-investment and when the learner returns, I should re-invoice the employer – can anyone confirm if they are doing this? I totally get it when there is a change of employer, but really – refund and re-invoice?

Really interested to hear what you guys are all doing.

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    It is not in line with the guidance, but one way is to proportion the co-investment received over the two periods, this will require a credit back to the employer PMR 3 and recredit as a payment PMR 1/2 in your accounts but this should keep auditors happy.
    HTH

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Thanks, Martin, that makes more sense, I’ll use that suggestion 🙂

Regards,

Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.