Calculated Results Functional Skills

Home Forums Data issues Calculated Results Functional Skills

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • LC
    Participant

Hi all

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction please.

We have quite a few learners (as I am sure so do most other providers/colleges) that we will be submitting a calculated result for to the Awarding Body in the next few weeks.

The results publishing date is 31/07/2020.

My question is, can we complete an apprenticeship before this date 31/07/2020 if FS is the only element we are waiting for? Or must we wait for the results date, so that we know if the learner has definitely achieved the FS to be able to complete the programme?

If someone has the answer, would you mind letting me know the documents I need to read to look into this too please?

Many thanks
    L

steveh
    Participant

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Hi, I had this conversation with another forum member yesterday. Despite the flexibilities mentioned in the guidance above, I think what you’re asking is can you sign off an apprenticeship as achieved without having to wait until 31/7/2020 for confirmation of FS achievement from the AO, and the answer is no. EPAOs will not confirm achievement for you to add to the ILR until you have uploaded evidence of FS achievement, and that must come from your AO. Our EPAOs have said that the assessed elements of the EPA can still take place whilst we wait for FS results confirmation, but that the overarching completion certificate will not be released or confirmed until the FS evidence is uploaded to the portal.

My plan is that all my starts etc will be processed before 31/7/2020 leaving me clear to add FS achievement as soon as they come in.

Hope this helps.

Sue

steveh
    Participant

Ah, I see, but you can still mark them *complete* (and get the 20%) once they’ve done all of the EPA, even if there’s a delay to you getting the result? They can be 2&8 until R14?

simonl
    Participant

This was sent out today. See the temporary flexibilities for providers section and it says you can mark them as complete as Steve mentions which allows you to receive completion payment.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-gateway-and-resits-for-end-point-assessment-epa?utm_source=d3111fe0-a48c-442c-8628-f928c125cadf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Lovely, hadn’t had a chance to read that, was too busy uploading evidence for Gateway, so I’m very grateful you highlighted this!!

Sue

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Sue Bishop.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Sue Bishop.

LC
    Participant

Hi everyone

Thank you for commenting on this, it is appreciated.

Yes Sue i can see what you are saying.

Sorry if i am being silly here as well, but in order to mark the learner as in gateway/completed – would the FS aims not need to be completed themselves?

I thought they would error on the Rule Violation report if they are set as “Continuing” still on the FS aims?

Or are we saying for those learners, because we have let them take the EPA we are meeting this temporary ruling:
    “are deemed by the training provider to have the necessary functional skills and sufficient evidence to demonstrate this to receive an FSQ pass”

So would we complete and achieve the FS aims anyway? Even though we haven’t got the AO approval yet?

Many thanks
    L

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Morning LC

Sorry, I was amending my response (having read the guidance fully) as you were posting yours.

I think what I may do is mark as complete with awaiting results. I’d happily take Steve’s alternative advice on this though!

Steve – should we mark FS learning aims as complete achieved or complete awaiting result?

Sue

steveh
    Participant

I think 2&8 for the FS in the ILR makes most sense? Not least because we’ve finished delivering to them, so even in a scenario where they were judged to have failed, it’s likely to only be a resit rather than more teaching?

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Lovely, Steve, thanks for your input on this.

Regards,

Sue

LC
    Participant

Hi guys

Thanks for commenting again, I received this response from the ESFA on the matter:

“The outcome code of 8 cannot be recorded on functional skills learning aims, you will either have to leave the functional skills aim as continuing or record an expected grade in the ILR and update it once the confirmation comes through.

Whichever method you chose to use please evidence this for audit.

Kind regards
    Keith
    Service Desk”

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Where did they get that from? Where does it say we can’t use Outcome 8 on Functional Skills?

On the plus side, the validation that says you can’t have continuing component aims on an apprenticeship, doesn’t apply to English and maths, so it won’t error if you leave them continuing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.