Calculating OTJ

Home Forums Data issues Calculating OTJ

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kei 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Kei
    Participant

Hey,

Just a quick question, I’d like to get some clarity on.

When calculating OTJ hrs, with their annual leave entitlement. For a full timer is this based on the standard 20 days + 8 bank holidays?

We have employees/learners that depending on length of service get supplementary holiday entitlements.

For example, Joe Bloggs has worked for the company for 5 years so he has additional holiday added to his entitlement as per company length of service scheme. So Joe now has 22 days + 8 bank holidays.

Would we include Joe’s additional 2 days in the OTJ calculation or is it based on the standardised 20 days + 8 bank holidays?

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Leave is ALWAYS based on 28 days, regardless of an Apprentice’s actual leave entitlement.

No, it doesn’t make sense. Yes, it is the Rule. πŸ˜‰

Kei
    Participant

Hahah Thanks steveh πŸ˜€

So if someone is contracted 30 hours per week, would this ^^ rule still apply or is that based on the employees actual P/T entitlement minus LOS additional’s?

steveh
    Participant

Ooh, I knew you were going to ask that πŸ˜‰

To the Rules!

P51 When calculating the required amount of off-the-job training, the apprentice’s statutory leave entitlement should be deducted. Employees who work a 5-day week receive at least 28 days paid annual holiday (this is the statutory leave entitlement referred to in this paragraph and is the equivalent of 5.6 weeks of holiday). You should pro-rata this for part time workers. It should be clear to all parties how you have worked out the amount of off-the-job training required to comply with paragraph P50 and you must record this in the evidence pack.

(my emphasis) So you just pro-rata 28 regardless of actual where you have part timers. The key thing is to make sure it’s the same for all of the learners in this position.

Kei
    Participant

hahaha, was I that obvious! πŸ˜€

Thanks for the guidance steveh, thank god it’s simpler than I envisioned πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.