carry over traineeships

Home Forums Data issues carry over traineeships

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  markshield 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Are there any differences for 16-18 traineeships who are funded through the SFA for carrying over from 13-14 contract to 14-15 contract.

In the Provider Support Manuel page 84 it states you have to close down the traineeship for 13-14 and reopen again on 14-15, does this apply to SFA traineeships or do i just have to change the planned hours and EEP hours for each contract year.

Hughes18
    Participant

You would follow the EFA rules for 16-18 traineeships even if funded via the SFA so you will need to close down and change the hours as it suggests.

Laval
    Participant

ILR Specification 2014/15 -Appendix B – Migration mapping of ILR data from 2013/14 to 2014/15 paragraph 15 states:
    Where there is an open Traineeship aim continuing into 2014/15 all closed aims that are part of the Traineeship must also be migrated as part of the programme.

This suggests to me that you don’t need to close the aim if it’s open. However, if a learner completes some of the aims which are then closed, they have to be migrated into 2014/15 along with the open aims for that learner.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I would also say that EFA Rules apply, even if SFA funded.

SFA STAFF

markshield
    Participant

Page 84 of the Provider Support Manual is referring to the work experience aims only that must be closed at the end of the year and open again if continuing.

Mark Shield
    ILR Specification Team
    Skills Funding Agency

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.