We have a levy apprentice that started in May last year in standards. However, he has found another employer where he is going to move next month. Can anyone tell me how we can proceed and are the funding rules?
Look forward to hearing from you all.
AMarch 9, 2018 at 11:05 am #241347
See the ILR Provider Support Manual
6.4.5 Funding model 36: recording changes
Apprentice changes employer during the apprenticeship
704. If there is a change to the apprentice’s employer during their programme, then you must record a new Learner Employment Status record to reflect this.
705. A new Apprenticeship contract type FAM record must be added if the new employer has a different apprenticeship contract type to the previous employer, for example if the apprentice has changes from a levy paying employer to a non-levy paying employer then a new FAM record with ACT2 must be recorded. There should be no changes made to the learning aims.
706. You must record a new price record on the programme aim; this price must reflect the cost of the remaining amount of the programme to be delivered with the new employer. This residual cost must be recording using AFinCode = 3 for training and AFinCode = 4 for assessment, as applicable
707. If an apprentice is made redundant, you must record this in a new Learner Employment Status record with Employment status code 11 or 12, as applicable. While the apprentice is eligible to continue their programme (see the apprenticeship funding rules), an Apprenticeship contract type FAM of ACT2 must be recorded: if the FAM code is not already ACT2 then a new record must be added.
708. If an apprentice becomes unemployed and is not eligible to continue their programme, they must be withdrawn from the apprenticeship: see section 6.4.5.March 9, 2018 at 11:17 am #241352
Thank you very much for the information it is beneficial.
AisheMarch 9, 2018 at 2:53 pm #241386
I have just done an employer change as above but from Non levy to Levy.
Everything went through fine with no errors so I did my batch upload to the hub.
I now have 2 lines for this learner on the data match report.
First line is for the Non levy employer – which I don’t understand
Second line is for the new Levy employer which is correct due to the council not doing their bit on their end.
Will both lines disappear when the new Levy Paying employer completes their end?April 5, 2018 at 11:53 am #247408
Apologies to re-open this thread, but can I ask what documentation you asked the new employer to complete? I assume there will have been a contract which evidences the price negotiation etc, but did you ask them to sign a copy of an App Agreement, with some other form to capture the details of employer name, site address, start date with them, weekly hours,etc.
Was there anything else you asked them to complete?
Thanks very muchJune 20, 2018 at 8:48 am #265971
You would have to complete all the process, documentation and contract that you normally do for any new start with the new employer.
HTHJune 20, 2018 at 9:05 am #265978
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.