Change of funding model

Home Forums Data issues Change of funding model

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • gw30
    Participant

We have a learner who was added for the R06 return as an advanced learner loan funded student. Her employer has since confirmed they want her to do the apprenticeship programme and want this backdated to the start date (Jan 19).

As the loan record was recorded in the ILR, can I delete this and add her as an apprentice or does it need to be recorded differently since it’s been included in the last return?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I don’t know the answer to your question, but how can you backdate the apprenticeship to January? Has she been doing the 20% OTJ since that January start date. How can you prove her intention was to be doing an apprenticeship back in January? It sounds like that wasn’t the plan. All the paperwork is meant to be signed on or before the start date, which you presumably can’t achieve without lying. From what you’ve described, I’d transfer the loan funded enrolment to the apprenticeship on whatever date they really do start the apprenticeship. That means you don’t have a problem with the original enrolment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.