Change to a Scottish Employer!!

Home Forums Data issues Change to a Scottish Employer!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  karenpolyblank 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Sue Scott
    Participant

We have a learner who lives in England and was working in England but has just informed us she has got a new position in a Salon in Scotland.

I think this means she will be an early leaver as we cannot draw down funding for Learners working in Scotland!
    Could someone please confirm this please. Oh employers are Non-Levy (don’t think this is relevent)

Sue Scott
    Participant

The learner will still be living in England though !!!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    If it is the same employer eligibility is determined at start.
    If it is a change to employer in Scotland then you are correct it would not be funded.
    HTH

Sue Scott
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Yes she has been with us for 20 months and has been working and living in England.
    She has decided to change jobs to a hair salon in Scotland which is a little annoying as she will be due to complete her apprenticeship in July!!

sambern
    Participant

We have a similar issue, the frustrating thing is that this will appear as a negative on our success rates. We’re having learners move to new job roles with employers that don’t wish to use the new apprenticeship system or are made ineligible to be funded.

We’ve asked if there’s a way of dealing with these learners however as yet we haven’t had a response.

karenpolyblank
    Participant

Hi Martin

P61 in the provider rules state that the individual must:

61.6 Spend at least 50% of their working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship.

Therefore if a learner has spent 19 months of their apprenticeship working full-time in England and then moves to a Scottish employer for the remaining 3 months, i.e. hey have spent more than 86% of their working hours in England. Can they continue to be funded?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Karen,
    I would say not as they have ended their Apprenticeship agreement and changed employer and this would have implications for the Levy, but I would take this up with the Service Desk if you think you have a case.
    HTH

karenpolyblank
    Participant

Hi Martin

I have just had a reply from the Service Desk as follows confirming the learner can continue their apprenticeship with a Scottish employer.

Thank you for contacting Service Desk.

You are correct that the time working in England must be at least 50% over the duration of the apprenticeship.

As the learner has worked the majority of their apprenticeship in England (and you can evidence this) then you are adhering to the funding rules.

many thanks

Susan
    Service Desk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.