Change to Employment Hours

Home Forums Data issues Change to Employment Hours

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Man85
    Participant

Hi

We have a student that is 18 months into a 24 months programme, their employment hours have changed from 35 hours a week to 30 hours a week. Does their off the job target hours stay the same or do they need to be adjusted for the change in hours? If there is a change is it just for the last 6 months they have left on programme or does the off the job target change for the whole programme. How do you evidence this as well, do you need to get a new commitment statement with the revised targets signed by the student?

thanks

christinam
    Participant

Hi
    I cant answer the question, but have a similar scenario so perhaps my comment will jump yours up the queue slightly.

Kind regards
    Christina

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    I cannot find nothing in the OTJ training guidance or funding rules that require a change in these circumstance as the Apprentice is still considered full time due to still working the min 30 hours and the duration is over the minimum of 12 months.
    You should evidence the change in working hours in the commitment statement but if the planned delivery of OTJ training is still able to be delivered during the Apprentices working hours then this would only be a notation to confirm this.
    HTH

christinam
    Participant

Many thanks for your response Martin, my scenario is slightly different in that the learner has gone from working 25hours to now working 18hours and she is 6months into her apprenticeship.

I’ve contacted the service desk to see what they suggest.

Martin West
    Participant

You will need to extend the duration of the Apprenticeship on the commitment statement only to reflect the reduced hours, you do not change the duration on the ILR as the planned end date must not be changed on the ILR. The OTJ hours would not change.
    HTH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.