Changing Apprenticeship Service Start Dates

Home Forums Data issues Changing Apprenticeship Service Start Dates

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • DJH1982
    Participant

Hi
    Is it possible to amend a learner’s start date on their Apprenticeship Service record after they have started their Apprenticeship and we have submitted an ILR?
    – If the change is within the same month does that still require updating in the Service as it only shows full months?
    – If the change is to a different month, what is the process?

Thanks

Caspar Verney
    Participant

If this is a data correction then it is OK to do so provided it is within the current academic year. I am also assuming that the minimum learning duration is not compromised by such a change.

All you need to do is amend your data and then make a fresh submission via The Hub. If you have already made a submission in the same month then that is still fine as it is the most recent that is used.

If you made the mistake in a previous month then still make the change.

What will happen is that the ESFA will automatically recalculate your earnings for this Learner.

If the start date has only changed by a few days such that it remains within the same month and year then there will be no financial consequences.

If the number of months has increased then your payment per month will be reduced, but you will have earned an extra month (or more).

If the number of months has reduced then your payment per month will increase, but you have now earned less months.

The money will be automatically reconciled in your new month’s payment (either up or down). You will need to keep a note to yourself about this so that you can explain the change in money some time later when you have forgotten what you did.

You must also annotate the Learner’s file so that you can explain this change if so asked at Audit. Also consider that if you have any Learning Agreement or Agreement with an Employer then the dates must be consistent and/or justifiable if not so.

HTH,
    Caspar

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Penny dropping moment as I just re-read your question and I think I have answered what to do on the ILR, but perhaps what you are really asking is what should be entered at the Apprenticeship Service – sorry if I have misunderstood!

Caspar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.