Commitment Statements for Apprentices at Gateway

Home Forums Data issues Commitment Statements for Apprentices at Gateway

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emma M 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Emma M
    Participant

Hi,

We have 5 learners who were ready for Gateway (had achieved mandatory quals) when Covid happened, and they were placed on a break in learning. We’re in a position to re-start them now – but do they need new Commitment Statements if they have completed all of their learning and just have Gateway to complete. I’ve had a look at some of the guidance already but I can’t form a clear answer and I was wondering if anyone might know for definite?

Thanks!

steveh
    Participant

All commitment statements are part of the overall commitment statement (not to get *too* Zen about it), so an annexe with what is left to happen should be sufficient as long as you can show agreement from the App and Employer. it’s not like you’re agreeing a new price or anything.

Also note the ach date *must* be 7 days after whatever their actual end date is on the new records or they’ll error…

Emma M
    Participant

Thanks steveh – they’re currently doing return to learning meetings with an assessor, so if we make appropriate comments on there do you think that would be sufficient or would you create something separate? Sorry for the additional question, it’s just not particularly clear what they’d like you to do with this particular type of learner!

And yes – got the 7 days sorted already and most definitely don’t want to create myself errors!

steveh
    Participant

I think the key thing is to get a learner and employer signature (or other electronic confirmations) on some evidence that shows what they’re doing. i guess it depends how many you’ve got/are likely to have over the year. If there’s a reasonable number, probably worth knocking up a form so they all look the same, but if there’s just a couple then as long as it’s clear on the return to learning paperwork, can’t see it being an issue?

Emma M
    Participant

We’re an EP – so the form is signed by the apprentice and their assessor (and should also be signed by their manager!). So hopefully that’ll do. Thanks for the advice – it’s very clear what to do if they have learning remaining, but it isn’t so clear if they don’t!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.