Complete Awaiting Results post R14

Home Forums Data issues Complete Awaiting Results post R14

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anneliese 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • mel_aspinall
    Participant

Hi,

Looking for some advice please.

We have a couple of learners who should have been returned as complete and awaiting results prior to hard close (have actual end dates pre August 1st 2019).

I know that the 2 and 8 completion status and outcome has effectively gone for R14 but am I able to update these learners for R03 as complete and awaiting results with actual end dates in 18/19? Would it recognise the completion payment element too? I’m not sure what impact it would have on the PFR. I want to follow the whole Principle 2: The ILR must accurately and comprehensively reflect what is recorded in the learner file or learning agreement.

Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mel

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You can only but try it in 19/20.
    HTH

anneliese
    Participant

We have done this, specifically with our Traineeship learners who finish tail end of the academic year but have to be in work/education for 8 weeks before we can claim the outcome – which can be reported up to 6 months after their actual end date.

What I can’t tell you is how! (unless you use Unit-E) as I cannot see from my ILR file what fields it is using to pull the data in.

Looking at the Occ Report, it is not clear if the achievement payment is generated though. The earned cash values are null but the column ‘Achievement element (potential or actual earned cash)’ does have a value. In my head, the rules and logic say it should generate the achievement element – certainly for the Traineeships anyway.

I have been assured that it will definitely feed through to the QAR though.

Sorry to be so vague, but this is the first time I have really done this too so it’s a bit trial and error.

Regards.
    Anneliese

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Thanks both.

Anneliese, thanks for taking the time to reply. With apprenticeships, the ILR update regarding reporting outcomes has changed for 19/20 so I’m not sure it would work like it would for traineeships. I think I’ll give it a go at R03 draft and see what comes back but everything I tested yesterday seemed to suggest the completion potential earnings was removed. I will probably have to follow 19/20 rules.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mel,
    If the last day in learning was prior to 1 Aug 2019 and you did not get the completion in by R14 then you have lost the funding.
    If you record the completion before the end of R04 this will be include in the QAR.

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Thanks Martin.

It’s as I thought then. Thanks for the advice.

Mel

mel_aspinall
    Participant

Martin, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.

If the learner was continuing at R14 but then achieved by R04 with an 18/19 date, I know we’ll lose the payment but would we still get the success in 18/19 (if the dates are right for the formula for QAR)?

I was under the impression that you had to have recorded the learner as awaiting results by R14 and then record the achievement by R04 for it to count.

TIA

Mel

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The hybrid end year is the later of the planned or actual end date, if continuing at R14 they could not have an end date in 18/19 and if they achieved in R04 the hybrid end year would be 19/20.
    They use R04 to capture any late notification of achievement in 18/19 for the purpose of the timely QAR for Apprenticeship Frameworks.
    HTH

anneliese
    Participant

Thank you – this is really useful information.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.