Condition of Funding

Home Forums Data issues Condition of Funding

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • awj
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a query about the impact of the following guidance from the ESFA

19+ continuing students are now all funded through the standard ESFA 16 to 19 allocations process. The condition of funding in maths and English did not apply to 19+ continuing students in FE colleges and independent learning providers previously, and does not apply to these students in the 2019 to 2020 academic year (which will impact on 2021 to 2022 allocations). We will review the application of the condition of funding to these students for future years.

Does this mean that you ignore learners aged 19 not on an EHCP in the second year of a 2 year course when calculating your CoF compliance?

Obviously we do not want to get stung by this, and the flow chart provided by the ESFA does not account for this guidance.

Thanks

steveh
    Participant

Yes, I think you ignore them. In previous years the Maths and English report from FIS/Hub had “19+ continuers” as a value in the Funding Line Type column (I’ve not worked with 16-19s this year, so can’t confirm it’s still there) and I always filtered them out before working out who wasn’t compliant.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  steveh.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.