Council Learner changing Branch

Home Forums Data issues Council Learner changing Branch

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Sue Scott
    Participant

Hi

So I have a learner (well quite a few) that has been transferred within the County Council but into a different building which has a different EDRN number.How do I record the employer change on the ILR?
    As the money is coming out of the same Levy POT do I need to add a new Employer Status, a new ACT line and a residual cost?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    As long as the actual employer has not changed I do not think you need to update the EmpID due to a change of location.
    Makes no difference as funding will continue from the same Levy account.
    HTH

steveh
    Participant

I don’t think there is an employer change in this case? The employer is still the council. I don’t *think* the EDRS number matters?

Sue Scott
    Participant

That is gtreat news as it will save quite a bit of work with our council contract.

So which EDRN should I be using as ALL of the different departments including the different schools have different numbers and what is it actually used for??

Sue

Sue Scott
    Participant

So back to the EDRS number!

I am assuming the Digital account has no link to EDRS numbers so what is it actually used for?

I have EDRS numbers against my learners who are with the Council (Large / Levy, For example) but the information I get for the actual EDRS number, when I search on the ESFA System, is not always reflecting that the Employer is Council or that the Employer is actually large!

Is this normal?

Sue

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    The Apprenticeship service maintains an EDRS lookup table that associates a location to a levy account, that is how a learner is matched to a levy A/C.
    HTH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.