Cyber Essentials Accreditation for the 20/21 funding year.

From Thursday 10 December, feconnect will be replaced by ESFA Communities.

Feconnect is being replaced by a more robust, accessible service. ESFA Communities is now live and so feconnect will be read only from Thursday 10 December 2020. From this date it will not be possible to create or reply to topics or posts. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Cyber Essentials Accreditation for the 20/21 funding year.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Locock 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin Bunn
    Participant

Good morning all, could some please confirm if we need the Cyber Essentials Accreditation for the 20/21 funding year. above or not? My understand was that this was not needed!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You will need to check your condition of funding agreement documentation for 2020/21 as most still includes the following:

Use of Cyber Essentials Scheme certification, or any subsequent updated document, are mandated; the Contractor will endeavour to meet the requirements of Cyber Essentials for the 2020/21 Funding Year and present the results to the Department on request.

Chris_The_ATP
    Participant

Hi Kevin/Martin

The wording in the most recent funding agreement documentation for TP’s is:

“Where the Training Provider will handle information at OFFICIAL on behalf of the ESFA, it must comply with the requirements under Cabinet Office Procurement Note PPN 09/14”.

The question is, how do we know if the information we’re handling is OFFICIAL on behalf of the ESFA?

Chris

Martin West
    Participant

What do you think ILR or learner data is?
    If you check most of the reports these are marked as Official Sensitive.

Chris_The_ATP
    Participant

Just wanted to sense check so appreciate the clarity, thanks Martin.

Chris

SMurphyKSA
    Participant

Can anyone confirm if there is a preferred provider for cyber essentials or an approved list?

I have received a number of emails from different companies (I assume working through the email lists of providers)

Martin West
    Participant

SMurphyKSA
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Thank you. That’s quite a chunk cheaper than I have been quoted.

Stephen

Martin Locock
    Participant

Worth remembering that Cyber Essentials Plus is mandated for 21/22 and requires much more work.

sambern
    Participant

With Cyber Essentials Plus requirement for 21/22 do you know if that means by the August 1st 2021 we should have Cyber Essentials Plus in place or we should be working to it and have achieved it by July 31st 2022. Just working out how to organise our renewals for this year.

Martin Locock
    Participant

My understanding is that Cyber Essentials Plus certification must be in place by 1 August 2021.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.