DAS Training End Dates and funding after

Home Forums Data issues DAS Training End Dates and funding after

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Chris Williams
    Participant

Hi

Can anyone advise… If a DAS period is due to finish in say Jan 2021, yet the ILR planned end date is after this date say March 2021, what would happen with funding drawn down in Feb 2021 as ILR data is being submitted and we need paying, yet the DAS period end has passed?

Thanks
    Chris

Ruth CJ
    Participant

You get a “balancing payment” for all early Completers. Whatever month you put as the Actual End Date, you get all remaining DAS payments in that month.

It’s important that employers know this, as large balancing payments, when apprentices finish very early, can lead to insufficient funds that month, and then the employer owes you some cash. They could get quite upset if they believed that you hadn’t recorded a realistic Planned End Date, making it difficult for them to manage their DAS money.

Chris Williams
    Participant

Hi

It isnt the apprentice would be finishing early, they would be finishing after the current DAS end date…

So I am just wondering if we still get funds drawn post the DAS expected end?

Thanks
    Chris

Gen2JP
    Participant

Hi Chris

It would appear to me that the monthly funding draw down is calculated from your ILR duration rather than from the DAS dates. Therefore you should get paid up until you terminate the learner in your ILR.

The DLOCK validation appears to only require a match on the Start Month in DAS & ILR and not the Planned End Date. That is how it looks on my data.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

OK, I misunderstood that.

Why is your DAS End Date later than your ILR Planned End Date? They should match. I actually don’t know in that situation. Really, you should have asked the employer to close that DAS record as if it never started, and get them to set up a new one with correct dates.

Since we’re now in June, you should be able to see in your Apps Monthly Payment report what actually happened.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.