DLOCK 10 error but payments received

Home Forums Data issues DLOCK 10 error but payments received

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jessicar 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • jessicar
    Participant

Any ideas what to do when you get a DLOCK 10 error as the employer has stopped the cohort a month too early but all payments have been received?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

You may find that on programme payments gets clawed back. You won’t know until you get the actual payment reports.

It’s a serious problem that early stops can’t be resolved, without getting the employer to “cancel off” the stopped record (by changing the end date to match the start date), and re-creating the original record from scratch.

If you do find that funding is clawed back, and the employer won’t/can’t be bothered to go through sorting out the DAS, you could always invoice them for the missing money. I think we should add something into our contract that says they will pay if we lose money through their mis-administration of their DAS records. I’ve already created a guide for employers about stopping and pausing DAS records (basically don’t do it unless we tell you to), and they still keeping doing it. Most often, after the actual end date, so not a massive issue, but they’re not supposed to do it at all.

jessicar
    Participant

The confusing thing is we were going to get the employer to ‘cancel off’ the previous, add it back on etc, but when they contacted the Helpdesk, they informed the employer there was nothing that could be done to resolve it!

Have emailed them with a very specific scenario so i ll see what they come back with.

On another note were you aware of this:
    Employers can now only select a month and year in which to stop an apprentice record. This is to prevent employers stopping records on incorrect dates which was causing completion payments to be missed.

The new format means the stop date month will match the completion month within the ILR and so the completion payment will be made.

Just to reassure you, the stop and end dates will not produce any data locks themselves. Whilst stopped records do trigger a DLock_10, this is simply a warning in case you were not aware that the employer had stopped the record, and can be ignored

Nice to be kept in the loop! And not sure whether the last paragraph would be applicable in my case?!

jessicar
    Participant

Response i got from Apprenticeship Service – always impressed with their Service compared to ESFA Helpdesk!

A DLOCK_10 will always occur when a learner has been stopped. DLOCK_10s do not occur because the stop or end dates on the Apprenticeship Service and ILR are different; it is purely a notification that the learner in question is stopped. Whilst you could technically ignore the DLOCK_10 error since you have received all payments for the learner, we do recommend ensuring that all apprentice records are accurate on the Apprenticeship Service (AS) since the ESFA regularly audit apprentice data.

However does the above sort of contradict this bit in post #
    The new format means the stop date month will match the completion month within the ILR and so the completion payment will be made.

One response suggesting there will be no issues regardless, the other implying that completion payments are made when both dates match???

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  jessicar.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Where did you get that information from your first reply? That’s really useful to know!

jessicar
    Participant

Apprenticeship Service! We asked an ewmployer to fix and issue, gave them a very specific date to use and then they found out they could only input a month and year. That was the answer i was giving after asking a bit more about it.

its sooooo annoying that they don’t publish any guidance/screenshots/updates about all this.

I bet we all email in with the same questions half the time!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.